TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Display Rulers
Read 2161 times
* July 11, 2011, 12:20:05 PM
It was about five years ago that I used TurboCAD on Windows.  One feature that I really liked was the ability to have rulers on the top and side of the drawing I am working on.  I was very disappointed to discover this feature wasn't carried over to the Mac version.

* December 27, 2013, 08:04:56 AM
Yes, please make Rulers for the MAC version.  After using PC-TC18 (and earlier) for many years, I like rulers in my 2D drawing windows.  Makes it SOOOOOO much easier to place and dimension in real time.

I see that this feature has been requested many, many times but is still not in MAC V7Pro ... that I can find anyway.

Thanks

As a teacher, Experience many times begins her lessons with the final exam.

December 27, 2013, 03:08:03 PM
It's within the deep selection toolset- there are 3 there- ruler is one of them

August 05, 2015, 03:49:30 AM
It's within the deep selection toolset- there are 3 there- ruler is one of them

That is not a permanent ruler on screen. it is a measuring tools.
That is not what I like .
and I can not find it also in TC-pro-V8

I like to have at Top and at left a permanent Rule. ( Who change also of value when zooming in) and the ruler start with 0,0 at set origin. Just like other Cad program's...

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

August 05, 2015, 11:57:56 AM
Just a comment o this topic,
I use Adobe Creative Suite at work and all, or just about all the programs have rulers that you can drag guide lines out of.
I totally agree its a very handy feature.

When I work in TC, I use construction lines and place them at key points.

Great suggestion,

Darren

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:00:13 PM by Darren »

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac, 24GB 2012 27" iMac running Yosemite - 2014 i5 Mac Mini, 4GB 500HD Running Yosemite.

August 30, 2015, 12:40:32 PM
I agree the rulers would be a very good idea

like the idea

thefro