TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

--- STICKIES? --- (FORUM HELP) ideas to INCREASE FORUM ACTIVITY
Read 1594 times
* January 08, 2012, 10:38:37 AM
joined here to try to get some insight into the improvements and learn a bit more.This forum is like a ghost town.

Ideas to increase FORUM activity (which has been referred to as a  :o :o  "GHOST TOWN"  :o :o   )
Recommend "Admin" to put up some (FORUM HELP) stickies at top.

For example I joined in 2009 but TWO YEARS later, I learned that there are "additional" features  somewhat HIDDEN in the reply panel. (Thanks Darren!)

Very useful forum features that a new forum member needs to KNOW:

1) The forum SUPPORTS image upload (EXTREMELY helpful in explaining stuff when you don't know the buzzwords)
2) The forum, like many others, can notify you when someone replies.  If the "original person" un-checked this, then you need to "check the checkbox" to get "notified".  In other forums its called "subscribe to this topic"
Take this example.  "Tom in Seattle", with appx 25 posts, has advanced into the top 10(!), in one day and with mostly bellyaches offering almost zero value.  Something needs to be done to inspire more forum activity, especially from users who KNOW something.

Well there's my 2 cents.  Does anyone have other ideas or help?

Maybe offer a discount or some other SPIFF to new owners of TurboCad, based on Contributions, kudos, or genuine assistance in the FORUM?  Anything that increases forum usage/contribution will help a lot.

If this forum had more activity I would undoubtedly me more interested in the TC program.  As it is, waiting days/months/years to learn simple details doesn't do much for my interest in TC.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:33:52 PM by Tom in Seattle »

* January 10, 2012, 10:28:17 PM
joined here to try to get some insight into the improvements and learn a bit more.This forum is like a ghost town.

If this forum had more activity I would undoubtedly me more interested in the TC program.  As it is, waiting days/months/years to learn simple details doesn't do much for my interest in TC.

It looks like there was a fair amount of activity around the time V6 was released. I've had TC v5 for a couple of years and I didn't know about the forum at all until I was seeking Tech support for a crash issue I've been having recently.

I know there's a lot I could learn from some of the people that have been around, but where are they?

eso

eso
E_Overman