TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

drawing parallel lines from the a centred construction line
Read 121 times
* May 23, 2019, 11:10:10 PM
Morning all,  I've been struggling with this for a while.
I'm using Turbocad Mac Designer 10 to draw conservatories and windows etc.
What I need to do is draw a parallel line but it being centred over a construction line.
e.g,   a glazing bar is 44mm thick.   I have a centre line drawn as a construction line.   I need to be able to follow the construction line but now creating two lines, each 22mm from the centre.   (hope I've explained that okay)
Whenever I draw with parallel lines at the moment it's always from one side so I end up drawing two lots at 22mm and then have to delete the centre lines after,   a bit tedious!
Can anyone help or advise?
Many Thanks in advance
Gordon

May 24, 2019, 08:07:54 PM
I think this iz one of the 'basic' "tedius" situations one gets into without editing.

* May 24, 2019, 11:10:36 PM
There is a double line tool that you may find useful. Be sure to esc or double click to end one set of lines before starting a second set or the second set will connect with the first, you may find that handy in some cases. There is also an Offset tool. Click on the first line to drag it out then set the exact distance in the offset data box. Another technic would be after drawing the line go to the X or Y data box and after the location data enter + or - 22 as needed, the program will do the math and move the line, use the offset tool for the second line.

If you need to remove a bunch of construction lines right-click in the drawing space and in the popup menu select Construction lines -> delete.

Enjoy
Mitch