TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Autosave
Read 288 times
* July 09, 2019, 08:31:20 AM
Is there a way to set up an autosave routine with TurboCAD Mac Deluxe v10.0.3 Build(1356)?

Just got my head down on a very complex drawing (complex for me) and just after I printed a PDF of my drawing to send the TurboCAD program froze.  I couldn't get out of it without force quitting to program and therefore lost all my work.
Pete

* July 09, 2019, 08:57:35 PM
Is there a way to set up an autosave routine with TurboCAD Mac Deluxe v10.0.3 Build(1356)?

Yes, in preferences -> Filings, you can set up Auto Save. You can save after a number of commands, amount of time or both. The number of backup files is 5 for default and a max of ten, I use just two myself. If you use the default of five then the sixth save will reuse the first save, the seventh will reuse the second one and so forth. Because these files are reused you can't be sure which one is the most current.

When you need to use a backup file, select "Open Backup" under the "File" menu. In the backup folder select the file you need (single click) and tap the space bar, the time and date stamp will appear. repeat for the other files to find the newest backup. and select it.

Once you have recovered your drawing you can save it. Note that the save path has been changed to the backup folder so use the "Save As" option to correct your file name and reset to your normal save folder.

Enjoy
Mitch

* July 11, 2019, 02:08:37 AM
Many thanks as always Mitch I totally understand.

Pete