TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Deep Select tool
Read 4900 times
* October 30, 2013, 03:31:00 PM
I have not seen very many write ups or demos of the “Deep Select” tool so I would like to point out a handy feature it has. Most of the procedures for changing a bezier curve or a spline involve selecting the line, go to edit and select “Show Points”, then selecting a point and moving it.

There is no need to do all that, just select the “Deep Select” tool and click on the line to move the points as needed.

By way of a short demo for this just draw a straight line and a Bezier curve or spline whatever you would like to test.

Click on the “Deep Select” tool then the line, notice that the line and its control points are highlighted. Grab one of the points and move it. The point that is not grabbed remains anchored while you move the other one. Click on the spline and see that the line and its control points are also highlighted. Move any of the points as needed.

Enjoy
Mitch

* February 25, 2016, 01:46:23 AM
yes good

April 06, 2016, 10:03:04 AM
I never use the normal select tool. I have always used the Deep selection tool.

I don't see the need for two selection tools. One that can do all seem to me more than efficiënt .

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* April 06, 2016, 10:25:51 PM
There is a video for using the Deep Select tool.

http://www.csi-concepts.com/Demo/videos/SelectDeep.mp4

Enjoy
Mitch