TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Question for the Cubify guys?
Read 1344 times
* March 12, 2014, 09:49:01 AM
When you're printing a long narrow item, how do you keep the ends from curling up and ruining your prints?

It seems to be hit or miss. I've been toying with what I call "kludge disks" or "Mickey Mouse ears" (because I don't know the correct technical term) and even that seems to be hit or miss.

March 12, 2014, 10:57:23 AM
within the preview app, set the "Manage custom sizes" as you need-File> page Layout> select/ center etc>Page Setup> Manage custom sizes.
johnny

March 12, 2014, 10:59:52 AM
Ohh Sorry ! you mean 3D print! that would be a STL file, and then the usage of the print plate needs to probably be centered up/ maybe off set @ and angle etc. - I'm doing some STL files for a customer, but don't know more than what what i've seen on You tube.
Johnny

January 21, 2015, 10:02:48 PM
Now that i have some experience actually printing Sir Holverson: I suppose with so much tyme gone by, you have an answer, but to answer, it's a shrinkage thing: is the bed heated? enclosed build cabinet ( of course) run some preheat- now My reference is ABS, I guess PLA soesn't shrink as much,now ifyou play a particular set of heats,I fgound incresing the bed and lowering the extruder is the first thing to try- i just opened the slicer3 program, and hopefully that will take into my mbot for a very customized settings which the m bot doesn't allow 9 closed source coding)
Johnny

February 10, 2015, 04:04:22 PM
Hi Sir Holverson! I have a new answer! the acetone.ABS slurry is the trick! I mean according to my last vid, the part lifted the kapton tape off my build plate a tad! and then I found how to mix it properly!
---edit for url----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JOjUa3vcu0
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:15:19 PM by JBorlaug »