TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

2D Boolean tools in TC Pro Mac???
Read 1211 times
* May 14, 2014, 11:03:24 AM
I asked this question on the Turbocad PC forum but was directed here. This is the original question with one answer.

Quote from: ME
Im trying to help a friend CAD a couple of parts that will be CNC milled out of 3mm carbon fiber. We are doing this at my friends work and I have some CAD experience (he has none) but never in turbocad.

Im trying to do a simple Add or Subtract from a 2D circle or square. Much like the Pathfinder tool in Illustrator.

(Not my image)

I manage to do it with a 3D object but I really rather not involve the 3:d axis to keep it simple.
I also manage to do it sometimes with the tool "Subtract surface" but I rather not have a surface, I just want the outlines.

Any help Is highly appreciated

Using TurboCad Pro 7 on a Mac.

I believe you are looking for the 2D Boolean tools found in any version of TurboCAD.

So, Im basicly looking for the 2D Boolean tools. But I have been looking and I belive that they dont exist in the same way that they do in the PC version.

I have manage to use the "Add Surface" och "Subtract Surface" but it only seems to work with squares and rectangles. Cant seem to get it to work with circles.

I would also not like to us any "surfaces". I rather have a simple, clean, wireframe blueprint. When I tested exporting the plans in dxf the plan was not just the outline but a dark surface that I dont want. But I guess thats a later problem.

So, my question still remains. =) How do I do simple 2D add and subtract of all shapes. =)

Thanx in advance.

* May 14, 2014, 12:01:59 PM
I believe the set of trim tools will do what you want. Review the tutorial "Basic editing" under the help menu if you are not sure how to use them.

Enjoy
Mitch

* May 14, 2014, 10:44:54 PM
You are probably right but that is a WAY longer way to do it if you have a more advanced figure with, say, four circles and 3 squares. You will have to trim and join multiple lines many times.
Trim tools is excellent but not a replacement for the add and subtract shapes.

And since the "2D boolean tools" is included in ALL PC versions it cant be only me who uses it.

Wierd is all I can say.

* May 15, 2014, 10:48:05 AM
Did you check out the region trim tool, this might be something you could use.

Enjoy
Mitch