Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

TurboCAD Mac V4.1
Read 14939 times
March 04, 2009, 02:26:13 PM
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 01:10:16 PM by Monizuka »

* March 09, 2009, 06:20:11 AM
This is great!  :)

There are nice new icons in this release too...

Are you going to add this to the "TurboCAD Mac Support" web page though?  Some people may not check the forums for updates.

* March 14, 2009, 06:31:11 AM
Cool... since I originally posted, the updates are now on the main website.

* March 27, 2009, 04:40:51 PM
I downloaded the update which showed up as "TurboCAD-Mac-Designer-v4-1.dmg".

However, when I run the installer what goes in my applications folder is a folder called "TurboCAD Mac Designer v4.0".

Inside that folder is an application "TurboCAD Mac Designer.app" . A "get info" reveals  no version number information, and the 4.0 designation on the parent folder indicated either no update, or that something went wrong.

When I open the application and select "About TurboCAD Mac Designer 2D", there is the the notation "TurboCAD Mac Designer 2D v4.0 (Build 925) - ACIS 18.0.2 .

Certainly this does not seem to be a version 4.1.

What is wrong here?

* March 27, 2009, 05:22:02 PM
OK, it just got worse.

I did a clean install of TurboCAD and the same problems I noted above are still present.

Even worse, the "smart wall" tool is still nowhere to be found. When I look in "help" there is no help on "wall" or "smart wall". When I look in the user guide, it tells me that the "smart wall" tool is found in the line tools and even shows me what its symbol looks like.  The only problem is that there is still no such symbol in the line tools.

Since IMSI says the "smart wall" tool has been added, could you guys please tell me where to find it?

BTW, the claim that there is a smart wall tool  is the reason that I bought TurboCAD over some competitive applications. It was disappointing to discover that the tool was not present in the software, despite being advertised. Now that IMSI claims to have put it in, it is certainly not in the place the User Guide says it should be,

* March 28, 2009, 04:18:12 PM
The smart wall tool should be at the bottom of your tool palette and might be hidden by the surface palette. There is also has a door and window tool with it. Also note that an auto trim icon has been added to the left end of the of the view palette. An updated user guide is available at:   

TurboCAD Pro v4 User guide update.

http://downloads.imsidesign.com/TCMAC/Docs/Pro/v4ProUserGuide.zip

* March 28, 2009, 06:30:03 PM
Thank you, at least I can now find the tool & it seems to work.

I only have the "Designer" version, not the "Pro" version.

Is there a new User Guide for that also?

* March 29, 2009, 08:23:41 PM
Well, I wrote too soon.

The wall tool draws wall sections and cleans up the intersections properly, but there is no apparent way to adjust the thickness of the walls.

And, dimensioning the walls is completely counter intuitive. For instance if I have dimensions set to feet & inches, when I draw a wall .75 units long, it has a dimension of 9 (no units shown). OK, this is 9 inches and I understand that part, but if I draw one 1.5 units long, its dimension shows as 1' 6", which is correct, and now at least displays the units.

* March 30, 2009, 06:03:11 PM
You should have a thickness box at the bottom of your screen and it will be highlighted. Type in the wall thickness there. When you are using the feet-inches unit all entries are assumed to be feet unless you tell it otherwise. Entering 1.5 will equate to 1"- 6". If you want 1' - 5" then enter 1' 5". you can also enter fractions such as 1' 5" 3/4". The units that you are drawing in should be displayed on your curser X, Y coordinates at the bottom of the screen, once you move beyond a foot from the origin point then feet - inches should be displayed.

* April 07, 2009, 01:36:19 PM
Looks like the new wall tool isn't documented in the updated manuals (e.g., a search of the PDF for "door" doesn't find anything).  The manual in question is the one with URL: http://downloads.imsidesign.com/TCMAC/TurboCAD-Mac-Pro-v4-1.dmg (from the first msg of this thread), with an internal PDF generation date of 2/19/09.

Is there a separate document on the wall tool?

Also, it sure would be nice if the programmers would clear up the version confusion (i.e., change the About box so that it reports version 4.1 rather than 4.0).  Am I current if I have build 925?  This is just sloppy.

TIA,

Mike

* April 14, 2009, 03:17:43 PM
There is a wall tool demo on YouTube, just search TurboCAD mac for it.

* April 30, 2009, 03:17:45 PM
I downloaded and installed the update.

This was the About Box before:

This is the About Box after:

The only difference is the build number.

Is this update called 4.1?
Or is it 4-1?
Or is it 4.0 SP1?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:21:38 PM by chrislee »

* April 30, 2009, 03:25:53 PM
The update is called the 4.1 update,  This update will only change the build number from 908 to 925 and does not change the version number of TurboCAD from version 4.0 to 4.1.

* October 30, 2009, 11:41:08 PM
I have a question for anyone out there regarding use of TurboCAD by Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors.  I'm doing some research on CAD software for a possible purchase.   Does TC for Mac have a module that allows import of X,Y,Z,Code ASCII text files to generate land surface contour drawings in 3D?    This sort of process is useful for those generating maps from actual Land surveying field measurements.  I thought I saw a module out there that did this for  TC on the PC, but is it available for the MAC too?  Are there any Civil Engineers/Land Surveyors out there that use the TC on the Mac platform?  If so please advise about how well TC works for you. I'm interested in your thoughts.  Thanks. 

October 30, 2009, 11:59:33 PM
Hello WJ!
 Here is what the new update since Deluxe (4)  Now be aware, that at the Mold Shop I'm working with, that all CAD systems have some file import hassles- from stalls to crashes. (pro E and all)
Johnny