TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

TCD 6 : I can't extend a line
Read 2482 times
* October 01, 2014, 08:19:41 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to extend a line, but I can't.
I've understood that if you can trim a line by using the "Trim" button, there is no "Extend" button... (WHY ???)
I've read that you can extend the line by selecting one of it's end point and moving it to where you want to extend the line, but when I select one end point and move it, the entire line moves and is not extended.
If I modify the length of the line in the "properties", the line is extended but almost never in the way I would like (right or left, up or down), and in that case I have then to trim the line.
I'm turning crazy.
Regards
Thierry

October 01, 2014, 09:54:17 AM
Hi Thierry! Welcome to the forum!
using the (option) button along with the trim tool, will extend to needed point.
Johnny

* October 01, 2014, 10:08:33 AM
Ok, thanks.
Thierry

* October 01, 2014, 10:59:51 AM
The easy way to do this is using the arrow select tool. With the line not selected, draw a small fence around the line end you want to move. this will give you a small red square at the line end, now grab that square and move it as needed.

Enjoy
Mitch

* November 06, 2014, 01:20:57 PM
Hi Thierry! Welcome to the forum!
using the (option) button along with the trim tool, will extend to needed point.
Johnny

Same problem. Tried the method suggested by mitchb and it works fine. Sorta like the 'stretch' in AutoCAD.
But I can't for the life of me figure out the option button/trim tool method. Could you please elaborate the steps/sequence needed?

Sure wish these operations were covered the the Help or User Guide. Looked all through those and no joy!

Thanks,
Pete

TC Mac Deluxe v5.1 on MacBook Air OS-X v10.7.5

November 06, 2014, 03:18:45 PM
Look @ videos in the Help category- it's indepth there.

* November 06, 2014, 04:28:57 PM
Look @ videos in the Help category- it's indepth there.

I watched the vid and tried what showed. Doesn't do what I want. The vid shows the use of the 'connect corner'
tool. That tool looks for line ends only it seems.

I'm looking for a tool like the AutoCAD "EXTEND" command which allows you to select a point or line that you
want to extend your line to. Simply select the destination and then select the line. Presto!!

Oh by the way I need to say that I'm using TC Mac v5.1 on a MacBook Air.

Thanks,
Pete

* November 06, 2014, 05:46:04 PM
We don't have the AutoCAD extend modify tool. the closest tool we have is the grab and drag as I have described above. As for the corner connect tool see the screen shot.

Enjoy
Mitch

* November 08, 2014, 09:19:25 AM
Thanks guys, I'm getting the hang of this thing now!
Pete

* December 21, 2014, 07:39:50 PM
Just for the record, this question was asked about TC 6 which does not have an extend tool. Both TC 7 and TC 8 have an extend tool.

Enjoy
Mitch

* September 17, 2017, 04:10:51 PM
Thanks Andy H / Jeffin90620

Both your reply was very useful.

When I use F1 to figure out how to get the workplane top menu like Andy Showing.
I getting to an broken link.. Only me?

Best regards
NeverStop

I trust this metatrader expert advisor for successful investment