TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Quick view rotations
Read 717 times
* January 16, 2015, 12:57:12 PM
I'd dearly love having the option to rotate the view clockwise and/or counterclockwise by 90 degrees with a quick click or key command.  It's not uncommon that (for example) the top view of a model has a far greater extent along Y than along X - particularly when assembling multiple parts into an exploded view - and it would be really handy to have +Y point to the right and +X point down.

(As best I can tell, "Rotate View" and "Flip View" do the same thing - am I missing something here?  If this is the case, then perhaps "Rotate View" could be repurposed for this function...)

>>Computers were invented to help people waste more time faster<<

* January 16, 2015, 09:29:10 PM
Hi Khillig,

Page 107 of the User Guide:

Flip View
The Flip View command will change the current view by flipping the eyepoint to the other side of the view plane. Internally, the view normal changes the sign of its direction. For example, flipping the top view will yield the bottom view and flipping the front view will yield the back view.

Rotate View
The Rotate View command rotates the eye point 180 degrees about the up vector.

Try the Navigator, another undocumented feature. The Navigator does not officially exist. Open the shortcuts palette and set a shortcut key, I use an "n" as you can see in the screen shot. Close the shortcut menu and try it out.

Enjoy
Mitch