TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Using symbols - Mac Deluxe 10
Read 57 times
* August 04, 2017, 07:34:09 AM
All -

What should be a simple question ... I am using Mac Deluxe 10 (not Pro) build 1321 running on a MacBook Pro OS X Sierra 10.12.6.

I have found the Symbols Library in the TurboCad Explorer menu ... and all symbols seem to be there.  However when I hover over any symbol or click on a symbol the cursor displays a yellow triangle and does not allow for drag and drop, or selecting the symbol in any way I have discovered.

Any thoughts ... ?  Is the library just for "Pro" users?   

I am looking for a simple direction arrow to use in a roof design to show water flow.  I could draw and group a simple line and arrow head ... but using symbols for other things would be nice.

Jim

* August 04, 2017, 10:45:49 AM
Is the library just for "Pro" users? 

No, all versions use the symbol library. Click on the symbol and drag it to the drawing while holding down the mouse button. The yellow triangle means the symbol cannot be placed at the current location, once you are off the palette the triangle will go away.

The current release of your version is found here:

http://downloads.imsidesign.com/ESD/TurboCADMacDeluxe10_1340.dmg

Enjoy
Mitch

* August 04, 2017, 01:01:04 PM
Thank you Mitch ... that was an easy one.   Can I ask about rotating text, or do you want me to post another topic?
I have used the "text box" tool for most of my notes on the drawing, but I want to rotate some of them 90 degrees.   The "angle" text tool gives me a single line, but a text block seems locked.  Any thoughts?

* August 04, 2017, 02:03:50 PM
Using the Angle Text tool is correct. Edit the text in the Inspector Data window. See screenshots.

Enjoy
Mitch

* August 05, 2017, 05:30:28 AM
Mitch -

Thanks - got it.