TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Drag and drop capability in Explorer for layer file flexibility
Read 728 times
* June 10, 2015, 04:57:58 PM
This one would be a big help for me. I use lots of layers and sub-layers and sometimes the ideal file structure isn't obvious to me until I'm well into a project. By that time I've usually built something that would be a big effort to re-format with the current ability to create new layers or delete layers.

Being able to grab a layer or select a group of layers and drag them to a new relationship to the whole would be a huge help.

eso

eso
E_Overman

* June 10, 2015, 09:25:13 PM
Hold down the shift key, select a layer and drag. User guide pg 149.

Enjoy
Mitch

* June 10, 2015, 09:40:50 PM
I didn't know that one, so thank you Mitch... but that is of only minor usefulness.

It will not allow you to drop a layer into another layer and create a sub layer. From just a brief test it really just looks like it will allow you to shuffle the order of master layers only.

I would like to be able to take a layer and drop it into a layer as a sub-layer, or a 3rd level in an existing sub-layer. I'd like movement not unlike dragging and dropping files in OSX.

eso

eso
E_Overman

* June 10, 2015, 09:55:09 PM
You are right about that, you can move the order of layers or the order within sub layers. So it is limited.

Enjoy
Mitch