TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

"The file has geometry that is unresolved"...
Read 1104 times
* July 13, 2015, 12:42:25 PM
...or "The file has geometry links that are unresolved" are messages I sometimes get when saving a file. Sometimes it's accompanied by beach-balling for 10-15 seconds on any mouse click. And not infrequent program crashing.

It's nice to be told there is a problem with the file, but it doesn't tell me what specifically is the problem or give me  a way to fix it.

I've tried Verify>Check Object, which occasionally finds a problem and sometimes is able to repair it.
Also tried Edit>Remove Links, which doesn't appear to solve anything as the message usually reappears upon saving.
Am I missing something?

Today I also got, for the first time: "File Save Error. Could not save data file. Please check that you have permission to this folder or file...". Scary at first as the message would come up no matter where I tried to save it to, even the desktop. Then I discovered the file actually did save as intended to all the different locations I tried despite the File Save Error message. Go figure.

* July 13, 2015, 01:08:54 PM
Have you tried the "Resolve Links" just above the "Remove Links" in the Edit menu? Although it is normally greyed out, when there are unresolved links it should become active.

Enjoy
Mitch

* July 13, 2015, 01:25:08 PM
Thanks!
Indeed I didn't see it before as it's greyed out. Resolved the links.

Lets see what happens next time I get a unresolved geometry message...