TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Object Moves When You Switch Workplanes
Read 2418 times
* April 28, 2009, 05:38:13 PM
Hello,

I'm new to TurboCAD so I'm probably doing this wrong: if I want to work with a solid on different surfaces I switch my workplane using the "Pick Objects" feature.  Unfortunately, when I do this the object moves slightly on the grid when the workplane is switched.  I have to translate one of its end-points back to a grid-point to make sure any new objects I add get added to the correct location on the grid.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Eric

* April 29, 2009, 11:52:04 AM
I would recommend using the face on and work plane snaps when working on different surfaces of a solid.

* April 29, 2009, 01:15:36 PM
Thank-you,

Can you please tell me how I use "face on" and "workplane snaps?"  Or, is there a specific section in the User Guide that describe these features?  Are there any tutorials that explain these?

Thanks,

Eric

* April 30, 2009, 08:17:45 AM
The Face on snap is explained on page 423 in the user guide located in the TurboCAD program under help> user guide and page 405 in the manual.

The Work plane snap is explained on page 216 in the user guide located in the TurboCAD program under help> user guide and page 198 in the manual.