TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

managing layers.
Read 1184 times
August 06, 2015, 01:57:20 PM
wish-list

I hope that I have made the right decision. —> To make the cross-over from “High-Design 2015” Pure Mac application to TC-pro-mac V8 ??? and that I shall not regret-it.

I have spend a lot of time to get rid of these *.dxf layers and their sub-layers after importing all my drawings. Now I have toe spend again  a lot of time to reorder my layers…
What I see is not the right “Apple-way”  I found in a lot of other program’s; but more that  B**** MS-way
so far ……  :-)

SUGGESTION.
when you are in TC-explorer  ( Why not a short-key to launch it ?)

and you have to re-ordering a lot of layers…
and move then from the bottom to the top of the list and visa versa.

One-must  “right click, click move-up, right click, move up, …. etc.

Why not that you click the layer and you drag them with the mouse up or down until he has reach it destination.( this is one mouvement ( the Apple -way) and not X times “right click, menu , select move up  and all over again until…. ( the MS-way)

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* August 06, 2015, 02:43:30 PM
You can reorder using the shift key. The user feedback while doing this is a little lame but it works.

Enjoy
Mitch

August 07, 2015, 01:45:14 AM
it was only a suggestion... your in the TC explorer window ...
I only compare TC with other Mac program's... and see lot of improvements who make life easy..
and supplementary keystroke is not in my perception make life eazy..

BTW : with the shift key ... you do not seen where you are , it is guess work...

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

August 30, 2015, 08:37:44 AM
it don't work if you have nested layers , just what you get by importing a *dxf
all your layer are under layer "DXF" with nested layer "Model"
and it just these to layers a wil writh of it.

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* August 30, 2015, 11:10:50 AM
If you are referring to reordering sub-layers with the shift key then yes, that was broken. It works in build 1165.

Here is the link:

http://www.turbocad.com/Support/TurboCAD-Mac-V8

Enjoy
Mitch

August 30, 2015, 11:29:07 PM
oops :     I have build 1122.

Beta tester- EazyCNC

August 31, 2015, 12:17:10 AM
even with build 1165 it still don’t work/
see picture  .

There is no  “move-up” available.!!!!
and you got the message  that “you can not move nested layers…”

I want my layers  at the first level.
I don’t see not the use of a DXF- layer and  a sublayer  “Model” or som-one must give a very good explanation why they are so importend and needed…

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* August 31, 2015, 03:28:08 PM
Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were referring to a bug about not being able to move sub-layers among themselves at the same level. I have no idea why sub-layers can't be moved up to a higher level.

Enjoy
Mitch

September 01, 2015, 12:20:07 AM
that is why i post it here  In the wish list
wich the smaal hope that one day ...... IMSI wil change it.

Beta tester- EazyCNC

September 01, 2015, 12:21:19 PM
I have wanted to move sub layers to a higher level myself in the past and would love to have this.

think this would be a great feature to add

Regards

thefro