TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Opening Our new Power Pack for Turbo CAD Mac
Read 2037 times
August 26, 2015, 09:10:05 AM
  Howdy Gang!
  I have spent the BEST money ever! now that my allowance is all gone, let me help you out upon your purchase seeming to 'fail'.
 It's not a fail, as it is simply different. so here's my story.
 I went to the site, and did my purchase, and the Dload was very quick.
 Close out the active Program your using ( Pro/ Deluxe / Designer)
Opening the DMG, all is 'normal' ( Mountain Lion)
After dragging the new app into my applications location, it seemed to 'link'- a momentary blue highlighting with my ( Pro) active Version model ( Or Deluxe)
I assumed the Version 8 Pro would have the Statement within the "about" that it is a ( Pro PP): no- It will open as a standard pre Power Pack title.
In the upper end ( I'm playing lots of Revenge of Zuma, @ the bottom of my apps stack) of the apps stack is where the Power Pack lives all by itself. I checked out the 'get info' and any of the Turbo CAD Mac programs are dimmed out, so no- I'm not going to be opening it with my ( Pro)
 I gave it a double click, and now I got the program activation location, copy etc. Passworded into the addition, and  at that point your good to go.
( Now here is where I got a tad confused, so I did a restart, and earlier I had Skype die on me, so I closed others out, and needed to unplug my mini Mac to get a fresh restart. ( you won't need to do this)
Upon opening your ( Pro/Deluxe) the Power Pack will be included,even though the titling does not say so. The 3rd Block from the right ( left of Window)will be Power Pack, all ready to play with you!
Have fun, as I sure will be! Thanks for your time!
Johnny

* August 26, 2015, 11:33:12 AM
Thanks for the details John.  That is not an installation technique I had tried or thought would work.

Our installers are not really built to be slid into the applications folder. They work like the old school Apple applications. This allow for certain things we would lose by sandboxing, including auto-saving, IGES and STEP filters and our license technology.   None of which are including in the Mac App Store version of the product for that reason.

So, since the inclusions of gatekeeper in MAC OSX, you typically need to right-click then choose open to run the installers.

* August 26, 2015, 12:37:53 PM
Thanks for the report Johnny. I'm waiting for two things, the first is the release of build 1166 and second the PP Pro version. 1166 because the bug in 1165 regarding the inability to select groups. All the symbols are brought in as groups and now require extra steps to handle. As to the second I would prefer the Pro version of PP.

Enjoy
Mitch

I need to clarify my select groups statement. What I'm referring to is selecting a group to grab and drag. I can select but cannot grab and drag.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:58:00 PM by mitchb »

August 26, 2015, 09:43:15 PM
Your welcome and thanks for that definition of installation Dave!
 As I reread my statement, I improperly ID'ed my 'get infos'-
What I had searched , which was dimmed, was the "Open with" command, of which we will not be 'opening with'  an active (Pro/ Deluxe) program.
here's a pic to define. ( I'm curious of the TC V6- the other engine, which I keep around for forgotten files needing conversions to DXF etc.
Also, here is Tim's first showing in public for our abilities.
 SPECIAL NOTE: Pay close attention to the OBJECT status of import.( I have one funny STL file which ended up being 733 M's!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKrh4ghqfkw
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:11:29 PM by JBorlaug »

August 29, 2015, 09:19:00 AM
well i have installed the PowerPack after a few problems not having the correct build which was sorted out for me after an email, me not realising the build on the IMSI site was 1157 and should have been 1165. all sorted out now.

i have been testing out the new features:

utilities pallet some very useful things there. to save time. especially for me the spell checker  ;D

like the selection pallet, lasso very useful the mesh selections. i didn't read the instructions properly for blends so assumed the gripper would appear but found out its not supposed to.

i have been working my way down the tools all appear to be very useful i wish there were some example drawings with problems to test the features and perhaps some videos to go with them to test you understand there proper use loads are self explanatory.

would have been nice to have the Pro PowerPack with its additional Mesh tools hopefully this will be available in the future with an upgrade path

so all in all its a good purchase for me lets hope build 1166 is out soon to fix the group select.

i find it a shame there is not a link in the help dropdown to find out if you have the latest build and then have the ability to download it if its not. would save loads of time.

Regards

thefro

September 07, 2015, 08:34:07 AM
Hi All

I wondered if anyone else had installed the PowerPack and how they were getting on with it?

thefro

September 07, 2015, 05:25:22 PM
My only complaint is  the lack of help linking, and the build bo is located @ x- and y- compared to being centered.

September 07, 2015, 10:54:22 PM
I agree with you totally with the help there needs to be more.

im a little unsure what you mean by:

and the build bo is located @ x- and y- compared to being centered.

thefro

September 09, 2015, 07:30:01 AM
Sorry My X key is sticky! tyme to swap out the keyboard! in the Print tools, there is a build boxfor the print's location/sizing etc.