TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Editing architectural walls
Read 731 times
* August 31, 2015, 06:36:15 AM
Hi,

I am running TurboCad Mac Deluxe 8 and I am new to TurboCad.  I am using TurboCad for architectural and interior design.  Is there a way to modify, edit or trim a wall to insert an opening, similar to a door, but just a finished wall opening without redrawing two separate lengths of the wall?

Thanks,
Gregg

August 31, 2015, 08:21:45 AM
Hi Greg! Welcome to the forum!
 I take it you have gone through the Archetectural tutorials within the program, and want to set up for some Printing?
One of out team members is fantastic @ the Architecural part, and I played with one of his cabins as a STL file.The resultant that I experienced, was very labor intensive, I haven't played an Architectural project for my own testing, but I would first go to converting all needed walls as solids,and set up an extruded surface to split the 'hole' in the wall. I'll take a quick look, and see what comes up!
Johnny

August 31, 2015, 09:05:40 AM
OK Gang! I ran a quicky,added a few windows and a door, deleted the open spots, and exported as a stl file, and during testing, restitched. It still came out non manifold, so some other tries are needed- maybe an OBJ file. bed tyme fer me! more later!

* August 31, 2015, 03:02:58 PM
If you need just a hole such as an arch or pass through then use the "CutOut Solid" tool. Draw the geometry to define the cut out making sure it is an enclosed polygon.

Enjoy
Mitch