TurboCAD Mac Forum

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Editing architectural walls
Read 1441 times
* August 31, 2015, 06:36:15 AM

I am running TurboCad Mac Deluxe 8 and I am new to TurboCad.  I am using TurboCad for architectural and interior design.  Is there a way to modify, edit or trim a wall to insert an opening, similar to a door, but just a finished wall opening without redrawing two separate lengths of the wall?

August 31, 2015, 08:21:45 AM
Hi Greg! Welcome to the forum!
 I take it you have gone through the Archetectural tutorials within the program, and want to set up for some Printing?
One of out team members is fantastic @ the Architecural part, and I played with one of his cabins as a STL file.The resultant that I experienced, was very labor intensive, I haven't played an Architectural project for my own testing, but I would first go to converting all needed walls as solids,and set up an extruded surface to split the 'hole' in the wall. I'll take a quick look, and see what comes up!

August 31, 2015, 09:05:40 AM
OK Gang! I ran a quicky,added a few windows and a door, deleted the open spots, and exported as a stl file, and during testing, restitched. It still came out non manifold, so some other tries are needed- maybe an OBJ file. bed tyme fer me! more later!

* August 31, 2015, 03:02:58 PM
If you need just a hole such as an arch or pass through then use the "CutOut Solid" tool. Draw the geometry to define the cut out making sure it is an enclosed polygon.

* September 20, 2017, 03:15:43 PM

I have changed email recently, but noticed that emails were still being sent to the old one.

Is there any way to edit my profile?

I trust this metatrader expert advisor for successful investment

September 22, 2017, 12:43:31 PM
That's on the top bar, go to account and adjust from there. I know, this different engine makes things a tad "different"! :D