TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Snap management.
Read 875 times
January 04, 2016, 10:26:33 PM
How do you personalise the "snaps"  so that one setting becomes default. !!

at each new drawing I had to set those snaps ... So I like to do it once and that for all future drawings.

This apply to other settings to like  Line style, dimensions...etc..

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

January 06, 2016, 03:34:48 PM
 Hi Beagle! I believe Mitch had gone through that kind of info, I'm gonna go with 'Game logic' on this one:
open a blank new drawing:
set up all the preference requirements.
add something to the drawing, and file/save as preferences( my thinkin' there)
 close file,
 close the program
 restart
 all the settings should be intact- as long as the save conditions within the preferences has been set.

January 08, 2016, 07:24:33 AM
HI

I have all my setting done in one file. "A4 Landscape.tcp."
And each time I need a new drawing I import that basic drawing , rename it...
But still,  In each drawing and in each opening  I may not forget that I have to do some setting...

Take p.e. That layer "Dimension".  Why is it Use ?? I delete it in every drawing.
I has different layers in one drawing and so different dimensions  for each layer.
And each dimension layer starts with"MT- xxxx"  where xxx is the name of the part layer.

And each time I open the drawing  the dimensions are in layer " Dimension" even if he does not exist..
see in attachment an example of a classic drawing
I can not make this drawing with one layer dimension.

Same goes for the snap. setting . each time you open the drawing I have to set them again.

I Know, I came from other Mac-drawing programs, where al these stuff is automatic. and not so in TC. and I can not become use to it..

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* January 08, 2016, 02:35:34 PM
Beagle,

I have all my setting done in one file. "A4 Landscape.tcp."

Delete the Dimension layer in this file and when you load it next time the Dimension layer will be gone. This is a change in newer versions of TC. When first opened with an untitled sheet the three automatic layers are still created but after loading your "A4 Landscape.tcp" it should be gone.

Take p.e. That layer "Dimension".  Why is it Use ?? I delete it in every drawing.

You can show and hide dimensions by toggling the layer on/off. Many drawings can use this method quite well.

And each time I open the drawing  the dimensions are in layer " Dimension" even if he does not exist.

You must have a second instance of Dimension hidden in your layers somewhere, importing dwg/dxf files will create a second Dimension layer, perhaps it's in there.

Same goes for the snap. setting . each time you open the drawing I have to set them again.

For whatever reason when the Snaps palette was programmed, buttons were chosen as the means to activate the snaps. When programming buttons in Xcode the initial condition of the button is set as enabled or disabled. The ones that are on are enabled, the rest disabled. This initial condition is what will be set every time the program is launched.

TurboCAD has been this way for a long time. I have TC v3 going back to late 2007 and it uses the same snap buttons, default layers and sublayers.

Enjoy
Mitch

January 09, 2016, 02:08:28 AM
Ok I understand it...

It was so from TC3  and it must stay that way ???  or it can be improuved.

Therefore it was a suggestion.... to improve.

Put all this variables in a kind of config file...in" Library-- application support".  So every one can than set  his environment and the way he wants to work with. ( snaps, line width, line style, layers, layers colors, page setup etc..)

Beta tester- EazyCNC