TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Love Turbo Cad, but sometimes I think that not for serious use
Read 3310 times
* May 11, 2016, 06:30:12 AM
In my opinion, unclear, incomplete, and incorrect documentation is not as bad as the many bugs and glitches in the application. One of the reasons I chose TurboCAD over competing software (besides a lack of competing software at an affordable price for Mac) is the intuitive interface. This combined with the broad toolset had me able to start modeling complex objects with a relatively short learning curve. Actually getting the objects drawn, well, that's another issue. I've only had to refer to documentation when tools weren't working as expected and I needed to understand what I was doing wrong (or learn a tool's terminology). At that point at least one failure has already occurred, and having unhelpful documentation just increases user frustration. (Fortunately I use TurboCAD only as a hobbyist and do not have the added frustration of needing to meet a deadline.) If the application worked reliably then honestly I would never have known how lacking the documentation is.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:52:10 PM by chappa-ai »

* August 31, 2018, 04:53:16 PM
Regarding bibliography, there is a book that I would recommend for those who are starting with TurboCad Mac and want to learn more. The book is for a software called Viacad, which is exactly the same than TurboCad Mac ...
Viacad Tip, Tutorials and Technicques. Timothy D. Olson.
280 tips to boost yourproductivity with ViaCad

ISBN-13: 978-1466275133
ISBN-10: 1466275138

I hope this is of help to some ....

S

* September 01, 2018, 02:06:35 AM
There is also a download pdf version at about half price on Tims' webpage found here:

http://www.masterviacad.com

Enjoy
Mitch

* September 02, 2018, 09:45:01 PM
It's a pretty decent book too, takes a different approach than the official documentation.