TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

What has TurboCAD ever done for me.........
Read 722 times
* May 22, 2016, 12:50:36 AM
Hello,

What has TurboCAD ever done for me......... well great things.
I finally finished my 3D armature construct in TurboCAD, I feel I have learned something, along with help from other's on this forum on the way. I have sort of scaratched the surface of all the tools that can be used in TC. I find I need to plot where I am going and find what TC tools might get me there.

This resulting TC drawing structure, is now approved - so I can now build into reality on a 30ft high scale, with some confidence having worked it out in TC. I am very happy with the program. There is just so much to learn and video tutorials are helpful but learning time is required - learning whilst on the CAD drawing job was tricky.

Will post the finished sculpt one day - in a year or so.

John McK www.a4a.co.uk

* June 07, 2016, 10:48:11 AM
Very nice thanks for posting!

September 12, 2016, 04:40:51 PM
very nice

How many time has you spend in the "learning curve" ????
I even do not get to snap the basic's.

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* September 17, 2016, 08:43:13 AM
Hello Beagle, I have had TCMacPro for several years but only work with it on certain projects, so I never get really familiar with all the tools, I am just concentrating on the tools I think I will need to use. My learning curve is limiting because time to sit and learn is limited. I find some parts of my drawings very slow going in the way I create them and I am sure there must be quicker ways of using the tools. For instance trying to position an object in 3D space onto another one I often use the nudge tool at a low setting as I find using the gripper gets it to look right in one plane but another view plane shows that the part is somewhere else in the 3D space. Not got my head around snaps fully yet. On the above drawing of the pipe armatures I have found the Navigator tool very useful in turning the workpiece in small increments to get much different viewpoints from the standard top, front, right, left, etc. and being able to save those viewpoints to come back to.
This drawing which I have probably worked on for over 150 hours (including the learning, evenings, setbacks, etc) is proving very useful to me in the building of the 11m high real stel construction, well done TurboCAD Mac!!!
I try and watch the odd video and look at Tips and Tricks here on this forum, I think if I learned a few keyboard shortcuts it would speed my workflow up a bit.

Attached photo of the 2m high test sculpt and the full size pipe armature in progress, going together well thanks to the TurboCAD drawing.

John

September 19, 2016, 11:50:55 AM
 That's not a sculpture- THIS is a sculpture! ;D Phenomenal Job there John!

* September 19, 2016, 07:37:15 PM
Let me echo what John said, great job!

Enjoy
Mitch