TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

TC Mac Pro V9 Crashes
Read 629 times
* August 09, 2016, 07:48:38 AM
Is anyone else getting regular crashes with TurboCad Mac Pro V9 when modeling? Depending upon the level of complexity of the model I get multiple crashes per hour. It happens often when closing out models or when rotating components. I have been sending error logs to Apple and even a few to TurboCad directly. They seem to point to a video generation issue and there is one item that points to an infinite data result. (divide by zero?)
Anyway, looking to see if anyone else is experiencing these issues.

I use TC Mac Pro V9 on a Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 2.2GHz i7 Intel Iris Pro Graphics and 16GB RAM

* August 09, 2016, 10:26:42 PM
This thread should be moved to either "General Discussion" or "Problems".

I do use this program a lot, almost every day and I have had my share of crashes but nothing like you describe. I have found V9 to be the most stable version yet. I might have a crash once or twice a month with V9 and most of those are caused by me. I do have auto backup enabled just in case.

Enjoy
Mitch

* September 30, 2016, 01:25:58 PM
I'm seeing the same thing after upgrading to Sierra and to V9. V9 is great, but crashes (twice a day) after closing a file with nothing open (happens within a minute of closing the file/window. It doesn't happen while I've got a file open (so far).

* September 30, 2016, 04:09:56 PM
There are some issues with osMac Sierra, still testing, an update is expected soon.

Enjoy
Mitch

* October 05, 2016, 11:49:39 AM
Since updating to Sierra, TurboCad Mac Deluxe V9 freezes when I try to open it from Launch Pad, and I have to force quit to end it. But, when I open it directly from a .tcd file, it loads normally, and I am able to create a new file a to complete a drawing.

* October 05, 2016, 02:48:50 PM
Hi ggrill,

Welcome to the forum.

This is also a known problem that the development team is looking at. Another problem is getting black screens while photo rendering. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Enjoy
Mitch