TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Alignment of solid surfaces
Read 272 times
* January 19, 2018, 02:28:45 PM
I'm learning how to use TurboCAD. I have two solids (call them A and B). I would like to align one surface of solid A such that it is parallel to one surface of solid B. I can't find a way to make this happen. Is there a simple way? Alternately, is there a simple way to align a selected surface of a solid  parallel with a given workplane? If so, this would address my problem.

Note that I do not want to change the shape of the solids. So the tool that make one face align with another face is not what I need. I just want one solid to be rotated to make two faces parallel.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:17:19 PM by R Stover »

January 19, 2018, 06:25:36 PM
Howdy R!   prolly the best route would be to do a rotate of the (moveable) part via the rotate/ or mirror tools. ( workpin normal would be the 90 degree view= top side etc) with the Option button being the copying "switch" button to turn on.

* January 19, 2018, 10:08:46 PM
I would like to align one surface of solid A such that it is parallel to one surface of solid B.

Try using the Align tool.

is there a simple way to align a selected surface of a solid  parallel with a given workplane?

Are you referring to one of the global work planes or a custom one? Either the gripper or rotate tool will work.

Enjoy
Mitch