TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

TurboCAD Mac Pro v4
Read 9461 times
* October 13, 2008, 06:13:16 AM
A couple of months ago I had heard that a v4 Pro version is close to being released. I was wondering if that is still the case?

October 15, 2008, 08:29:04 AM
Yes it is though I do not know the specs or release date.

* November 09, 2008, 04:48:43 PM
Do you mean TurboCAD Mac Deluxe?  If yes. then it's been released and I am trying to ask a question about it.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 08:45:16 PM by Tom in Seattle »

* November 14, 2008, 06:46:16 PM
just purchased TurboCAD Mac Deluxe v4
and i have to say i'm TERRIBLY disappointed

I purchased v2 when it first came out (2006 ? can't remember)
and while it had it's problems i managed to use it with some success

v4 may be more robust and have a few more options
but the graphics are terrible - the ones from v2 were 100 times better
and it's not even backwards compatible !?!?!

ok so it's now a lot cheaper - but seriously when i first installed and started it
i thought i'd bought a student / light version or something

what's with that - have IMSI outsourced the development or something ?

* November 23, 2008, 02:24:04 PM
Dissapointed?

Same for me! The TurboCad Mac Delux 2D/3D is NOT an upgrade! It's a down-er!

I have to stick to the older version and accept the bucks I spent as wasted money.

TC Mac Delux 2D/3D is NOT something to be proud of, for the developer's team leader!

/ LB

* December 04, 2008, 07:28:55 AM
OK, now I am lost...
I recall that at a certain point in time the development (and bug fixing....) of TC v3 Pro was discontinued due to some contractual matters. Then a new version was delivered, and there was unanimous uproar about the step back and lack of features compared to v3. IMSI commented at that time that a new version was in the pipeline, supposed to bring the product back on par with v3Pro (hopefully fixing the bugs) and more.

Now: is this v4 Deluxe the new version we have been waiting for, or still the "downgrade" that has been out since the summer?

January 05, 2009, 01:03:55 PM
We will be unveiling Pro v4 at macworld this week.  We should have information as well as a trial up on our website in the next day or two.  Pro v4 will not match Pro v3 feature to feature.  It will include Lightworks for photo realistic rendering.

* January 20, 2009, 08:58:22 AM
I bought Pro V3 in November 07.

I skipped the so-called Deluxe version.

Is there any good reason to now spend $200 for V4?

Is there a cheaper upgrade I don't know about?

- Norm

January 20, 2009, 10:29:25 AM
Here is the official message on our website concerning the naming of our products.

New Version! New Names!

We

* January 20, 2009, 10:39:36 AM
Hi!

First: Forget the Delux! It's not worth the money!
Second: Forget the Mac Pro V4! It lacks the flexibility of the V3.

I have tested the TC Mac Pro V4 and some tools are nicer to work with, but the most important tool, the explorer tree, is very restricted, compared with the V3.

In V3 you can use the explorer tree and re-design the 3D-shapes, this is impossible for many of the 3D-shapes that you create in V4.

Please download the V4, create some solids and add them together and try to change the dimensions of one of the sub-parts.... This can be done in V3, not in V4!

I like TurboCad V3 and will stick to that.
Sorry IMSI.....

* May 21, 2009, 04:45:23 AM
I'm sure glad I found this forum. I bought Mac Pro 3 many months ago and have never opened it ( waiting for new Mac which I now have ).

Before I broke the seal I was wondering if I should try to return it and re-buy v.4 but looks like I'm better off with v.3.

I'm a real novice and just wanted something to do basic 2D floor plans and maybe extend on as I learn more.

Would the group agree to stick with v3 and maybe wait for the next update ?

* June 04, 2009, 09:49:10 AM
TurboCAD Mac V4 does include tools that were not in previous version of TurboCAD for Mac Like smart wall, door, and window tools.

Here is a link to a video that shows these tools being used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJBvw3eqc1M