TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Beach ball of doom
Read 878 times
* April 01, 2017, 11:15:30 PM
So here is the latest installment in my ongoing saga with this absolutely rubbish version of this program. Since my last post I have been totally ignored by both Tim Olsen and Travis Fleenor. Nothing no updates as to providing a solution to their faulty program. Not exactly what I would call good customer service. It seems this program was smoother running with less glitches on the older versions of Turbo CAD. What happened did they cheap out on good programmers or something? I continually run into glitches and conflicts that stop me from drawing what I want. the latest was trying to draw a cylinder along a diagonal edge over the top of an existing cylinder to increase the diameter using the previous cylinders centre points. It did the cylinder but a previous shape close by " a Gutter" vanished when I added the solid. When I undid the move the gutter reappeared. This sort of thing happens all the time, just absolutely sick of it, this program is a chore to use and not an enjoyable process. What do I do, is there another program out there I can use? I don't really want to re-learn a whole new program. I have things I need to do and this program is just costing time and causing me stress. Any other programs out there to recommend getting a trial version of.

* April 15, 2017, 11:03:09 AM
Sadly, without jumping to a 4-figure price point, this is the only Mac CAD software having a reasonable toolset. Unfortunately, it's also littered with many bugs and glitches, falls severely short on documentation, and crashes multiple times per day (when working on a drawing for several hours). When you end up spending two hours simply trying to create a glitch-free cover surface, or some other task which should take only a few moments but ends up taking hours while working around software issues, the frustration runs quite high. Save your own backups because you never know when this application will crash next, perhaps even while saving your file or while making a backup, and then you're screwed without Time Machine or a manual backup. Having already invested $400 in this software and past the learning curve, I've chosen to cope with its bugs, glitches, crashes, etc since most of the time I can get work done with it. Eventually I will be happy to ditch this crappy application in favor of something a lot more stable.