TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Uniform Scaling Has No Effect
Read 244 times
* March 24, 2017, 11:22:17 AM
What is the magic trick to get Uniform Scale to work? I select the objects to scale, click a scale anchor location (a vertex on one of the objects), click a start reference point (a reference vertex on one of the objects being scaled), and then click an end reference point (where I want the reference point to be after scaling).....and nothing happens! The tool resets back to selecting an anchor location and nothing is scaled. I swear I spend more time coming up with clever workarounds for software glitches than actually working on a drawing!

* March 24, 2017, 05:27:38 PM

* March 24, 2017, 06:30:21 PM
Nope, no divide by zero happening. I finally came up with another workaround (something I get to do frequently with this software). Scaling incrementally until I get close to my desired scale and then do the final scale got it to work, and also I had to change the orientation of reference start and end points. Doesn't work in Z direction, but scaling by the same ratio in Y direction does work. Gripper is much more reliable for scaling, but not precise at all. Obnoxious.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 07:51:51 AM by chappa-ai »

* May 18, 2017, 06:01:59 AM
Running into this glitch yet again. Scaling just does not want to work for me at all in the Z direction. However if I rotate the object 90-degrees and then scale using the same anchor point, reference point and end point (last two adjusted for the new axis, X or Y) then it scales properly (and then I get to rotate the object back to its original orientation). This dumb application "has more bugs than a bait store."

* May 18, 2017, 01:33:53 PM
The scale tool works on the current workplane. To scale in the Z-axis, change the workplane to either front or side. If the item to be scaled isn't on a global axis then change the workplane to match the items orientation.

The Gripper tool can also be used to scale uniformly in all directions using the yellow blocks. Unchecking "Uniform Scaling" will change the color of the blocks and allow selective direction scaling.

Enjoy
Mitch