TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Uniform Scaling Has No Effect
Read 54 times
* March 24, 2017, 11:22:17 AM
What is the magic trick to get Uniform Scale to work? I select the objects to scale, click a scale anchor location (a vertex on one of the objects), click a start reference point (a reference vertex on one of the objects being scaled), and then click an end reference point (where I want the reference point to be after scaling).....and nothing happens! The tool resets back to selecting an anchor location and nothing is scaled. I swear I spend more time coming up with clever workarounds for software glitches than actually working on a drawing!

* March 24, 2017, 05:27:38 PM

* March 24, 2017, 06:30:21 PM
Nope, no divide by zero happening. I finally came up with another workaround (something I get to do frequently with this software). Scaling incrementally until I get close to my desired scale and then do the final scale got it to work, and also I had to change the orientation of reference start and end points. Doesn't work in Z direction, but scaling by the same ratio in Y direction does work. Gripper is much more reliable for scaling, but not precise at all. Obnoxious.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 07:51:51 AM by chappa-ai »