TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Why do imported images go black?
Read 100 times
* April 18, 2017, 04:38:23 PM
Imported .png images very frequently go "black" with the upper-left quarter of the image still visible, but the other 3/4 of the image blacked out. What's the deal with that? Easily reproduced by importing a .png, saving the file, drawing an object, then choose File > Revert. The image blacks out and the only way to restore it is delete the image, re-import, re-transform. This annoyance happens randomly when opening files as well.

* April 20, 2017, 10:13:54 PM
I have not been able to duplicate this problem on my system, could you post a copy of the image that is doing this?

Enjoy
Mitch

* April 21, 2017, 04:49:03 AM
Does it with any image.

* April 21, 2017, 07:44:25 PM
Is this still happening in build 1167? I have not been able to reproduce this with any .png or .jpg image in V9 or V10, I no longer have V8 on my system. Which OS do you have? There were some compatibility problems with Sierra.

Try a free trial of V10 and see if the problem persists.

Enjoy
Mitch

* May 03, 2017, 08:12:05 AM
I'm still in the midst of a very large project and haven't tried 1167 yet. I'm running Mavericks (because all OS X versions since Mountain Lion are junk but I needed at least Mavericks for Final Cut Pro and Motion). With all the issues I've had with V8 (issues which should not be occurring with "professional" software, there is no way in hell I'll be handing over any more money on a V10 upgrade. Found out today that imported images also go 3/4 black when closing a file and reopening it. So for the time being, each imported image needs to have guides drawn along its perimeter so the next time it TC craps out the image can be deleted, re-imported, and then re-scaled to the guides. Quite a nuisance that the application developers should have caught during alpha testing (assuming testing was even done).

May 05, 2017, 07:41:56 PM
 Hi Chappa! I can duplicate this- about a year ago, I would get randoms on the png's misbehaving: here's my details as I remember:
to 'cure' the hassles:
1) in the Preview app, ( and maybe other video related= quicktime etc> clear the "recent" listings ( seems the video datas' get " shared"
When saving the file, use ONLY the top view, with (all needed) save point required.
I was also fiddling with (2 . 400 K Jpgs, saved as PNG for imports, 36" high by 60" long
 I also remember doing a beta vid about this, but I have recently trashed them from the you tube files, I'll see what I can find.
 PS: I also put the imports on a seperate layer, and would keep that closed except when I needed the data theron ( tracing kept seperate of course)

May 05, 2017, 08:57:32 PM
Here's the vid which shows the same hassle, starting @ 2:30 through 3 minutes.
I also found on one of my beta vids, from V7, that a (page layout) created via smart polygon ( if you grouped the import with lines to scale properly) created a black page for my laser files.
 other than puppy vids, I haven't posted anything ( important) in quite a while! :D
Johnny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH9DJacHy08