TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Importing text from a Word document
Read 155 times
* April 20, 2017, 08:15:59 AM
Hi all

Another dumb question.

How do I transfer paragraphs of text from a Word document (specification notes) and place them on a tcd drawing so that I can alter and amend them at a later date, change font sizes, change column layouts etc.? When I try to copy and paste I get a 'picture' of the text but can't manipulate it. I'm sure one of you smart guys will know what I'm doing wrong!

I'm using TCD Mac Deluxe 9.

Thanks
Dave

* April 20, 2017, 09:56:29 PM
I would suggest pasting to a text box. After pasting use the "Select Deep" tool to adjust the bounding box size by dragging the small red squares at the top left or bottom right corner. Use the "Text Properties" tool to change font and size, and finally, use the "Object Properties" Data tab to edit the text.

Enjoy
Mitch

* May 04, 2017, 02:52:44 AM
Hi Mitch

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't seem to be able to paste from a word document into a text box. Also, I don't think I have the  'deep select' option?

I've tried on a number of different documents. In fact o don't seem to be able to paste anything into a text box, even text from within TCD. Is it me?

Dave

* May 04, 2017, 09:08:47 PM
Hi Dave,

Also, I don't think I have the  'deep select' option?

Deep Select
The Deep Select tool provides a means to select objects and points that are nested deeper into the object definition. For example, use deep select if you need to modify an object that is part of a group. Deep select will also automatically turn on control points that can be used to alter the shape of an object. When you are done, these points are turned back off. See my screenshot.

By "Text Box" I'm refering to inside the bounding box made by using the "Box Text" tool, not the text box in the data window.
Once text has been pasted inside the bounding box, it can be edited in the Inspector Object Properties -> Data tab. Selecting the text with the "Select Deep" tool will give you two small red squares at the top left and bottom right corners. These squares can be dragged to re-shape the bounding box.

Enjoy
Mitch