TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

way to save shortcuts to reimport
Read 133 times
* April 20, 2017, 05:19:07 PM
Was wondering if there's a way to save shortcut settings in Mac Pro v10.  The situation is that sometimes that one-keystroke shortcuts I set up get erased and it would be great if there were a way to import shortcuts from an existing file.  Please help with this if you know if a solution.

Thanks,
Sam

* April 20, 2017, 10:11:29 PM
ShortCut keys are saved in the program, not the files so they should not be disappearing. These setting are saved when the program is normally shut down. Which build number of the program do you have?

Enjoy
Mitch

* April 21, 2017, 08:15:28 AM
Mitch,

Please clarify what you mean by build #.  I have Mac Pro v10.

Thanks,
Sam

* April 21, 2017, 09:25:21 AM
The build number is in the splash screen. Click on "About TurboCAD Mac Pro 10" to see it.

Enjoy
Mitch

* April 21, 2017, 01:59:06 PM
Mitch,

The build number is showing up as 1312.  I am not sure that I am having the problem I'm describing with this revision of TC (r10).  I was having this problem with r8 and r9, as far as I recall.

Thanks,
Sam

* April 21, 2017, 07:49:41 PM
The current build of V10 is found here:

http://downloads.imsidesign.com/ESD/TurboCADMacPro10_1321.dmg

After installation, you will need to redo your shortcuts.

Enjoy
Mitch

* April 22, 2017, 02:39:58 PM
Thanks Mitch.

Sam

* April 26, 2017, 02:35:11 AM
Umm...
Mitch I am not sure how giving a link to a new build is answering the question?
Like Sam I am heavily reliant on shortcuts and each time you issue a new version or build number I have to manually reassign the shortcuts which can be anywhere up to 50.
Remembering all of these is difficult and only truly remembered when the function doesn't work mid operation. Frustrating.
I am very glad you are continually upgrading TC and you do it quite frequently.
Is there anyway at present or in the future of getting a print out of the the short cuts?

* April 26, 2017, 01:44:46 PM
Mitch I am not sure how giving a link to a new build is answering the question?

No, has nothing to do with the question at hand, just thought you would like to know.

I am very glad you are continually upgrading TC and you do it quite frequently.

I do some programming but not on this program. I have no connection to IMSI, I'm just another user like you.

Is there anyway at present or in the future of getting a print out of the the short cuts?

In the Shortcut Manager dialog box, there is a print and assigned box for this purpose. 

* May 28, 2017, 02:36:17 PM
I agree it's a pain to have to reenter all your shortcuts every time the application is updated.  Good programming practise would suggest these ought to be in preferences and left in place as updates are installed.  Looking at the Mac application file, I can only find one reference to shortcuts.  You can find it by right clicking on the application file and selecting Show Package Contents.  Navigate to Contents/Resources/Environ and there is a file called Shortcuts.sys.  It's last modified date does not change if shortcuts are changed, so it's probably not the correct file.  There is also a plist inside the application package but it does not seem to contain any text that might be shortcuts.