TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

issue with getting one layer to show up in front of another consistently
Read 74 times
* April 22, 2017, 04:52:02 PM
I am having difficulty getting lines (in this case splines) from one layer to show up consistently in front of another layer.  Please help me if you know a workaround.  The file is attached - "Layton family image 042017.tcp".  The two layers in question are "*lion lines" which I am trying to get to show up consistently in front of the layer "*image".  So far, I am only able to make this happen by using the menu pick >Edit>Arrange>Bring to Front for the "*lion lines" lines/splines.  However, I would like to make the lines/splines from the "*lion lines" layer to show up consistently in front of the "*image" layer without having to use the >Edit>Arrange function on either layer.  I am running version 10 of the software.  Thanks, Sam

* April 24, 2017, 05:25:41 PM
The Coat-of-Arms looks like a screen grab, using shift-command-4 Will give you a crosshair to drag around the image to select just the part you want.

I see that your *lion lines are mostly in the *lion lines layer but there are also a bunch in the construction layer, I don't know if this is intended or not. When I work with the "lion" splines they stay on top so I need to ask what operation are you doing that hides them?

Enjoy
Mitch

* April 25, 2017, 08:33:12 AM
I re-created the file and came to the conclusion that the issue may have been attributable to all of the features I added in the original file.  I was able to create a new file with the existing coat of arms image and put splines in from the of the image no problem. 

Thanks for your help Mitch - all set.

Sam