TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

TCMAC v10 Pro - question on Rendering using imported Background Jpeg
Read 128 times
* May 05, 2017, 09:28:51 PM
I have created a 3D product which I have successfully Rendered. Very happy and impressed with the results. I now want to save the Rendered Image along with one of my own imported Jpeg backgrounds to create a truly Photorealistic picture. When I select 'Render to file' it only saves the Rendered product without the Background. I assume this is because only predefined images from the library will achieve this and not the 'import file' route that I took. Can I add one of my own images to the library ?

* May 08, 2017, 01:15:13 AM
Hi Bish,

Welcome to the forum!

Can I add one of my own images to the library ?

Not any way that I know of. However, you can use your image as a decal and render that. First, you need to put your image into the Texture folder. Go to your Application folder and right click on the TC app icon, click on "Show Package Contents", double click on "Contents", Resources, then "PhotoRender". Drag your image into the "Textures" folder. Close all the windows.

Launch TC and load your drawing. A decal needs to be placed on a surface so use the rectangle tool to make a rectangle the size you want the image to be. Select the "Cover" tool and make the rectangle a cover surface. Go to the "Render Library" -> "Decals" and put a decal in the center of your surface, any decal will work, we just want the decal data palette to work with. In the Inspector with the decal selected look in "Object Properties" -> "Data" tab. Set the decal using the height and width data boxes to make your decal cover the surface. Change "Masking" to "Factor", move the Factor slider to the right, Logo is set to "Image", and Image is set to your image that you put in the Texture folder. Click Apply and render it. Put your model in front of it and render again, hope this works for you.

Enjoy
Mitch

* May 09, 2017, 02:28:31 PM
Hi Mitch
Indeed you know your stuff. That is a workaround and a half but it looks like its gonna work. Thankyou very much for super quick response. Very happy now
cheers Bish

* May 10, 2017, 12:40:42 AM
Bish,

I'm glad that is working for you. How about posting your image in the gallery when you are done. Love to see it!

Enjoy
Mitch

* May 12, 2017, 01:47:35 PM
Hi Mitch
Yes for sure but not yet. Product in secret development phase if you know what I mean. Have several others coming along too that need the rendering magic applied. Watch this space. Loving the power of TC especially now I know there are people out there to assist. The 'repair' feature in V10 is fantastic !!!
cheers Bish