TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

line type.
Read 143 times
August 22, 2017, 05:49:51 AM
Each Time their is an upgrade of TC-PRO  I need to adapt some files.
One I know is the CADD.lin file in resources.  with gave the line types.

but some other file has the line weight. and withf weight is the standard ?  I forgot which file it is... ???

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* August 23, 2017, 10:53:51 PM
When I upgrade I move the Backup folder, TCPPrefs.ini, TCPShortcuts.ini, StdDim.ini (custom standards), files in the com.imsi.turbocadmacpro10EST folder to the desktop. In the symbols folder, I move the User folder (custom symbols) to the Desktop. In the PhotoRender folder, I move the Textures and Materials folders to the Desktop, these are custom texture and materials I have added through the "Render Library" palette.

Right click on the TCP icon and show package contents, drill down to "Resources" folder and move the BOM folder, if you have custom BOMs, Templates folder if you have custom templates. I don't recommend removing and replacing the Texture folder because IMSI may have added some new stuff here, instead keep copies of your custom images and textures in a seperate folder and copy them into the texture folder. In the "Environ" folder, CADD.LIN and Materials.ini are moved to the desktop if you have custom line types or materials (under Verify menu).

After the upgrade move everything back to where they came from replacing the existing default files.

Enjoy
Mitch

August 28, 2017, 11:43:46 PM
@Mich. Thanks for the reply. ;)
But a lot of files you mention, I can not find them  ???
Only the “CADD.lin” in environ map.
I'm  still looking where the “line-weight” info was…

BTW. While I was in the contents map.

I found a lot of files for different languages..
So the first question, where in turbocad-Mac-pro do you choose the language setting.
And is this settings are not used , while all the files… as TC is only available in English
P.e. map /resources.
- de.lproj
- fr.lproj
- it.lproj

Also in the map  /environ
- CADD_IT.LIN
- CADDIT.LIN

- Materials_IT.ini
- Materials.ini
 -MaterialsIT.ini

All these tip files have the same contents… !!!
- tips.ini
- tips9.ini
- tips10.ini

Why the use of these files. ( German, French, Italian, Polish)
- tipsDE.ini
- tipsFR.ini
- tipsIT.ini
- tipsPO.ini
-tipsPOL.ini

I have deleted them and to my surprise TC-pro still works..

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* August 29, 2017, 05:50:26 PM
There are two folders where TC support files are kept. The first location is under the TC program icon, right click on the app icon then click on "Show package contents" double click on the contents, then the Resources folder, and the environ folder. here you will find the files you listed. The Materials.ini file should have been kept as it is used under the "Verify" -> "Properties" menu option when a solid is selected. The other file can be deleted with no issue. Some versions of this program are sold in other countries hence the foreign language files, they are small and make no difference in the operation of your computer. I don't know if IMSI markets or supports this program in languages other than English.

The second location is found, starting at your "Home" folder -> Library -> Application Support -> com.imsi.turbocadmacpro10ESD. The Library folder is hidden in OS Lion through El Capitan. If you are not on Sierra then in the finder menu click on "Go" while holding the Option key, this will bring up the Library folder, click on it and continue from there. Some of these folders/files will not exist if you don't use them, the Backup folder will not be there if Auto save has never been used, Symbols -> User will be missing if you have never added a custom symbol. So save what you need/use.

Custom line types are not saved by the program. They are saved in a drawing. Any new line types created in a drawing are saved with the drawing. If you have custom line types that you have used in other drawings and wish to use in a new drawing then load the file that has your custom line types and then close it, the line types will remain for use in the new drawing and subsequently saved with this new drawing.

Enjoy
Mitch