TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Locked object becomes un-selectable
Read 62 times
* May 10, 2017, 08:40:27 AM
OK, so how are you supposed to unlock an object if it's not selectable once you've locked it...
Edit > Group > Unlock unlocks all locked objects which is usually not a desirable action - any thoughts?

Cheers,

Mats

* May 11, 2017, 01:19:27 AM
I have wondered about that myself. It would be nice if the locked objects would be highlighted so the one to be unlocked could be selected. I think it merits a suggested change.

Enjoy
Mitch

* June 23, 2017, 05:32:11 PM
OK, so how are you supposed to unlock an object if it's not selectable once you've locked it...
Edit > Group > Unlock unlocks all locked objects which is usually not a desirable action - any thoughts?

Cheers,

Mats
Here's a solution, that seems to work, but only on one object (or group) at a time.  I don't know why this works - I was just trying stuff out of desperation!  I'm running TurboCAD Mac 8.0.8, build (1167)

1)  Hold down the command key, and click a locked object. Handles will appear.
2)  From the menu bar, select Edit/Group/Unlock.
3)  The Edit menu header will stay highlighted (blue for me), appearing locked up.
drumroll...
4)  Click on the object again.  Highlighted disappears. Now, the object is selectable!  If it was locked as part of a group, the whole group is selectable.

* June 24, 2017, 08:53:18 PM
I have looked into this since my last reply and what I have found is selecting "Edit" -> "Group" -> "Unlock" will unlock each object one at a time in reverse order of being locked. To select an object, for unlocking click on it or draw a fence around it. It will not show any indication of being selected, but go to "Edit" -> "Group" -> "Unlock" and the clicked on object will unlock. If the object is a locked group the group will unlock, for objects locked inside a group use the "Select Deep" tool to click on it and then "Edit" -> "Group" -> "Unlock" to unlock that. I tested this in both V9 and V10. I don't have V8 anymore so I can't test that version.

Enjoy
Mitch