TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

error in extracting
Read 122 times
June 13, 2017, 06:47:46 AM
I have a 2D drawing ( taken from a *dxf file of a ship ordinate) and will to extrude its to a thickness of 4 mm.
but doing so I got the following error:

"the sweep results in self-intersecting surface". but null an indication where this self error occurs
so any one can help

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

June 13, 2017, 12:33:11 PM
There are some reconstructs needed here, I took a closeup of 1 spline  ( i couldn't get the colors to play, so I placed on a new layer), and found the symetries are off "quite a bit", as the opposite location has the line not intersecting the point.
 If this was a dloaded dxf, the origin was not created in high quality status, these are the micro details that kill a proper extrude. cover surface etc.

* June 13, 2017, 04:55:23 PM
Johnny is right on this. As to the colors both the layer and line color are red, plus at least for me, my select color is red. The easiest way to fix that line was to change it to arcs using the "Arcs from Curves" tool. It extruded after that. Checking the line object also gives a self-intersect warning.

Enjoy
Mitch