TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Hatch Creator
Read 226 times
* June 22, 2017, 11:50:35 AM
Hello,

I'm using TC Mac Pro V9

Is there a hatch pattern creator plugin for the Mac version like there is for the Windows version?  Hatch files appear to be .CUX files.  Is there another way to make them?

Thanks,

Gary

* June 22, 2017, 08:07:53 PM
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know of any hatch creator program. You can put more than one hatch in a given region making custom hatches that way. I suspect you want something better than that, too bad we can't use Autocad .pat files.

Enjoy
Mitch

* June 25, 2017, 06:42:15 AM
Maybe there's a better way to do what I need.  I have a drawing of a gable portion of a roof and want to add victorian "fish scales" as siding.  I know I can simply draw them, but I'm thinking I would like to explore different sizes to see what looks good.  Is there a clever way to do this?

Gary

* June 25, 2017, 02:07:23 PM
I take it that you are doing a 2D elevation. Draw a fish scale and use the "Linear Array" tool to duplicate it setting a zero spacing in the spacing data box and dragging the fish scales out. To create the offset row select all the scales, hold down the option key and drag a copy to place offset from the first row. Use the option copy method to make as many rows as needed. Use the gripper tool to set the scale. Select all the arcs, the select mask tool set to arcs only will help with this. Once set to arcs only, drag a fence around them and enable the gripper. The yellow box on the gripper arrow is the scale adjust. Individual arcs can be added, deleted, or trimmed as needed to make each row the correct length.

Enjoy
Mitch

* June 26, 2017, 11:09:40 AM
Thank you Mitch!

* September 10, 2017, 01:04:27 PM
Since the last one was deleted because of the dwontime, I decided to make a new one.

So, what was youre latest hatch?

I trust this metatrader expert advisor for successful investment