TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Custom Tool Palettes
Read 49 times
* June 29, 2017, 04:54:02 PM
Hello again,

I'm using TC Mac Pro 9 on a Macbook Pro.  I can't seem to get the custom tool palette feature to work.  I can create and name the palette, but when I hover over it, it says to right click and drag a tool to the new palette.  By "right click," I assume it means control-click.  Nothing happens when I do this.  I've tried copying tools from the docked palette, torn-off palettes, and even the drop down menus.  Nothing appears to work.  I've tried control then click, and click then control (as well as command click, option click, and shift click). The printed documentation tells me I can do this, but has no more detail.  I've even downloaded a trial of TC Mac Pro 10.  I can't make that work either.  I'm obviously confused as to how to do this.  Help is greatly appreciated as this would be a very useful feature for me.

Thanks,

Gary

* June 29, 2017, 06:49:16 PM
Hi Gary,

You are right, the Option-click does not work for this. To overcome this, set up your trackpad for a secondary click. I use the bottom left corner for a right click. I also have a mouse with a right click button.

Enjoy
Mitch

* June 29, 2017, 07:35:01 PM
Yes, that works perfectly!

Thanks (very much) again.

Gary