TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Can't select and move some objects after saving
Read 53 times
* July 12, 2017, 09:36:47 AM
Can someone please tell me why this file is acting the way it does? I try to select items to move and the selection tool doesn't work. For example when I select something either individually or by rectangle selection, the object that selects is a distance away from the object I have my cursor on. I put my cursor on an object and it doesn't select but if I move my cursor a distance away from the object, it might select it, weird. It appears this phenomenon does not happen during the initial drawing, only after a save and re-opening of the file. A number of objects are not in their correct orientation and I can't select them as I described. I have attached the file so someone can see what I am talking about. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.
Thanks in advance

* July 12, 2017, 09:57:27 AM
I have discovered this morning that the problem appears to have something to do with the zoom function. I notice that when I zoom in or out, the objects in the attached drawing do not maintain their original orientation. Usually before I quit a drawing I do a zoom-in or zoom-out so that the printed version has an optimum rendering. Then I save the file and quit. Unfortunately what appears to be happening is that when I save a file in a particaular zoom and then re-open the file later, a number of the objects are out of alignment, some objects are still stuck in a previous zoom! Has anyone had this problem or am I the proud owner of a unique issue?
TIA

* July 12, 2017, 01:16:56 PM
I am unable to duplicate the problem with your file. This problem is not being reported by other users so I can only guess that your copy of Pro V9 is corrupt. The current release is build 1204 and it can be found here:

http://downloads.imsidesign.com/TCMAC/v9/TurboCADMacPro9_1204_ESD.dmg

Install this and see if it fixes the problem.

Enjoy
Mitch

* July 12, 2017, 03:56:22 PM
Mitch,
The link is not working for me.
John

* July 12, 2017, 04:04:58 PM
Sorry, got it to work by waiting! I'll give that a try!
Thanks,
John

* July 13, 2017, 09:32:26 AM
Mitch,
The new build update that you sent me has apparently solved the problem. Many thanks.
John