TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

.tc3 files not opening in v10
Read 300 times
* July 24, 2017, 03:18:55 AM
I created several .tc3 files with v6, a HD crashes lost my v6 application.    When I purchased and installed v10, I found that it would not open the .tc3 files.   I contacted IMSI and was told they could be of no help that I need to convert my .tc3 file to a dwg and then open with v10.   Problem is, I do not have v6 to do that, they do have it available.   Anyone have an idea on how to open the old .tc3 file in v10 without converting, know of where to find an old v6 download or anther program that will open .tc3?  I have tried eBay and online, no luck so far.  Would like not to have to spend another $100 on this program.   I am feeling pretty let down by IMSI, I am hoping someone out there has an answer.  I have a handful of drawings created, one for our non-profit art association building layout and really would like not to have to re-draw them all.   Just to clarify, the new purchase is the TurboCad Mac Deluxe 10.     With hope, Thank you.  J.Williams
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:27:14 AM by kodachrome »

* July 24, 2017, 01:51:30 PM
Hi kodachrome,

Welcome to the forum.

V6 is still available from IMSI as a trial version. Find it here:

http://downloads.imsidesign.com/TCMAC/v6/TurboCAD_Mac_Designer_2D_987_v62.dmg

Since you said the files were tc3 I'm assuming you had Designer. Deluxe and Pro are also available if I'm wrong. This will be a trial version and as such it will run for 15 days to do a batch conversion of your files. If you still have your serial# and activation code you can activate it.

Enjoy
Mitch

* August 06, 2017, 08:14:25 AM
Mark, thank you for the 2D version.   Some of my files are 3D, you mentioned a link to the 3D Deluxe version?  I appreciate your help.   If that does not work...... I am wondering if anyone still has the V6 up and running and would convert a small number of files for me?   I have about 4 that are really important  to me..

* August 06, 2017, 09:31:19 AM
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:47:50 AM by mitchb »

* September 18, 2017, 08:48:15 AM
not having any luck with the downloads.....     in the meantime...   Is there anyone out there running v6 that could convert 5-6 files for me?    Most of these are for a non-profit Art Association that I work with, Gallery layout, etc.    Really trying not to have to re-draw everything.

* September 18, 2017, 04:37:27 PM
Hi kodachrome,

not having any luck with the downloads.....   

I tested the download for Pro and it worked for me. I can only guess that the problem you ran into was a failure to install due to an unknown developer? If so, start the install, when the dialog box warning you about an unknown developer pops up click on OK then launch "System Preferences" click the "Security & Privacy" icon then click on "Open Anyway" and complete the installation.

Enjoy
Mitch

* September 18, 2017, 05:39:27 PM
I will give that a try......  thank you for the reply.   

Jerius

* September 18, 2017, 06:50:38 PM
Hi Mitch,   your suggestions seemed to have done the trick !    I have got v6 up and running and able to open the older files...     I have successfully converted a v6 file to dwg and opened with the new TurboCAD Delux 10.  One last question... is there a better fomatt than dwg to use .... one that might preserve the line colors and font positioning?    I appreciate your insights.

Jerius

* September 19, 2017, 12:50:36 AM
kodachrome,

You will most likely find .dxf to be the best format. As a general rule always use the most current version available, in TC V6 R24 will be it. In an ACIS based program, the native format is sat. That would be the best for objects only as this format doesn't support layers, dimensions, or annotations. The .dxf format above R14 or above will utilize the sat conversion files for solids and surfaces and everything else you want. If you use .dxf R13 or lower solids and surfaces will be saved as facets and these lower versions don't support some font types.

Enjoy
Mitch