TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

snaps
Read 4864 times
* September 22, 2017, 11:08:54 AM
When using any drawing tool or the select tool with Turbocad 8 it will only snap to the desired point if I insert it above the target.  This problem only appears in the vertical plane.  For example, if I try to insert a vertical dimension it comes out above the target position, but the problem does not occur with horizontal dimensions.  This has suddenly come up today after years of trouble free drawing.  Can anybody help me (in simple language please!)

* September 22, 2017, 01:29:09 PM
Hi RSS,
That sure sounds strange, could you post a screenshot and sample drawing where this happens? I need a better understanding of the problem.

Enjoy
Mitch

* February 28, 2020, 05:05:23 AM
Hi.
I started to have problem with the tools icons, that I could not select any when the tool icon folded out, it stay selectec always the first tool. I sorted it setting the doc to autohide. For reasons I donīt know, when the doc was visible (I had mine on the bottom of the screens) the tools icon could not be selected positioning the cursor on top of it.

The problem happened in TCad ori 10 Mac and ViaCad Pro 11 mac.

I hope this helps.

Santiago

* February 29, 2020, 12:03:18 AM
I sorted it setting the doc to autohide.

I'm glad you were able to overcome the problem. I have not seen this issue reported anywhere else. Have you installed any new software or upgraded the O.S.? If you have an O.S. upgrade your ViaCad V11 can be upgraded to the current build.

Enjoy
Mitch

* February 29, 2020, 07:01:39 AM
Hi, Mitch.

No, I donīt remember installing anything ... (perhaps there was a silent update somewhere ...).
I believe the problem has to do with the fact that I have 2 monitors connected to my iMac.

S

* February 29, 2020, 01:35:17 PM
Ok, dual monitors have been an issue. Try looking at this thread for a fix, good luck.

http://forum.punchcad.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=10050

Enjoy
Mitch

* February 29, 2020, 07:17:50 PM
I had a look and will try what is suggested

Thanks