TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

TC-mac-Pro V10 not responding. Solved !
Read 133 times
October 07, 2017, 04:28:41 AM
TC-mac-pro V10 build:

I’m working with a big project en drawing on scale 1:1
 Now I have a basic drawing with a lot of grid’s in it. And I need to import some drawing part  from a *.dxf file into the basic drawing and place them on his place.
Then to be secure I do a “Save-file”. And most of the time I got a rolling beach ball with the massage “
"TC not responding"
It is now the xième time I got this error and I have to force quit the application. If I open the file I got the following message:
“This file is damaged! Cannot read into application
File position :99
File size : 99
File nam : OS-dek.tcp”

And this happens each time I do an import  of a *dxf file and has moved it in place

It is very time consuming after each “save of file” to quit TC- to open the file again. And if correct to save it on a USB-stick before continuing.

So help … help….  I spent already two day’s with this incident and has loose a lot of time because a must always start from the beginning.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:40:35 PM by beagle »

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* October 07, 2017, 07:48:57 AM
Have you tried opening the dxf independent of your main file (open it by itself) to verify that file is not the issue?
If you can open it by itself, save it off as a native TC file and then try to import into your original work.

* October 07, 2017, 02:17:03 PM
I see your .dxf file has some 3D components in it. Is the source of this file a HighDesign export? I recall that the program is a 2D app that exports some objects as 3D in error.

October 08, 2017, 12:39:51 PM
@mitch

Thanks,  Yes it was a HighDesign file . In the mean time I discovered myself.
After import, you set "view" as "Isometric". Delete these 3D elements. ( don't forget  any) and then set the view back to "top".  The 3D elements are only on 1/2 or 1/4 arc's
Than you can do a safe-file without abort.

The crash report say " Heiviest Stack"  ;)

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC