TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

errors
Read 50 times
October 29, 2017, 05:10:10 AM
Is there some lexicon  or manual or another thing with error messages and how to interpret them.
I cannot find it or can not find the explication of the error and naturally how to correct it.

I got a message
“Attempt to sweep zero length vector.”

It is a simple  not complicated 2D drawing of 3 parts with I want to extrude.
My question: where I can correct this zero length vector en how?

As you get older, everything become worse, except for the oblivion, which is getting better and better ...

Beta tester- EazyCNC

* October 30, 2017, 12:43:23 AM
I'm not aware of any manual that lists ACIS errors, I suppose only developers get that info.

You didn't say what tool and options for the tool that you are trying to use so I can only speculate on your situation.

Vectors are relative points, say you want to extrude a part to the same height as another part. Select "Extrude Solid" by Vector, select the part to be extruded then click on the bottom corner of the other part, then the top, the two parts will now be the same height. If you clicked on the bottom corner as the start point and again as the end point, your vector would be zero length and cause an error. I was able to extrude all the elements in the posted drawing using both by distance and vector.

One other thing to be aware of is if you extrude all four objects at once the four parts will be considered as one, so extrude each part separately.

Enjoy
Mitch