TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Upgrading to Mac High Sierra
Read 272 times
* November 22, 2017, 03:30:54 PM
I upgraded to Mac High Sierra and per the previous thread, cannot run TurbCAD Pro V9. I went to my account at IMSI and am unable to download another copy to another computer that I have that has Sierra, not High Sierra. Anyone know why there isn't a link to download the program when I purchased it originally and should be able to?
Thanks

* November 22, 2017, 06:16:28 PM
A current copy of V9 can be found here:

https://www.turbocad.com/content/turbocad-mac

I have no idea why the High Sierra version is not posted and requires an E-mail to be sent to IMSI, very strange.

Enjoy
Mitch

* November 22, 2017, 08:34:50 PM
Mitch,
This doesn't fix my TurboCAD Pro V9 so that it runs with High Sierra. This is just an upgrade to V10. Why do I have to pay more money to fix my current version when I just bought it about a year ago? Am I missing something?
Thanks,
John

* November 22, 2017, 11:29:13 PM
I went to my account at IMSI and am unable to download another copy to another computer that I have that has Sierra, not High Sierra.

From the quoted statement, I thought you wanted a version of V9 that would run on Sierra for your other computer.

To the best of my knowledge V9 is no longer in development and a High Sierra version is unlikely. No developer can guaranty any software will be compatible with any future O.S. I have had to trash a lot of software over the years that didn't survive an O.S. upgrade. I recently upgraded an iPad to IOS 11 and had to delete some software that isn't supported anymore. I can't upgrade my wife's' computer because she loves AppleWorks (??). This leads to the other side of the coin where I can't install newer software on her computer because the older O.S won't support it. Wish I had a better answer for you.

Enjoy
Mitch

* November 26, 2017, 10:27:05 AM
Ok, thanks, I get it. Would you take a look at these two jpegs? I down loaded a free trial of TurboCAD 10 and have been opening up some of drawings that I did in TurboCAD 9 and I see a difference in clarity, with TUrboCAD 10, the drawing lines are not nearly as clean and crisp. Any idea what is causing this? I tried messing with the pen weights but no luck. Is this a know phenomenon between the two?

* November 27, 2017, 12:47:38 PM
V9 seems to have a jpg export problem. In screenshot 1 I'm showing a V9 jpg export that has been imported into V10 and in the upper left side Preview, not only is it fuzzy but the title and dimensions are missing. Screenshot 2 is the same drawing exported as a jpg from V10 and then imported back into V10 and Preview, it's better but still a little fuzzy. Most jpg exporters have a quality selection option for the user to control because the jpg format loses information as the quality decreases. The default here is apparently of low quality. Screenshot 3 is a pdf export that is accessible using the print menu. You may find that to be your best option.

Enjoy
Mitch

* November 27, 2017, 01:24:18 PM
Mitch,
Every time I open up a V9 drawing with V10, the lines are fuzzy. I have attached jpeg screen shots of each for comparison. I am also attaching the V9.tcp file and the V10.tcp version of the same file. This is bothersome as I don't like the resolution quality that V10 is giving my V9 files and I have a lot of them. I don't normally export the file in jpeg or pdf, I just take a screen shot.

* November 29, 2017, 02:35:17 PM
jawick,
I can't duplicate this issue on my system. Did you install your current version of V10 over an older V10 version? If so did you do a clean install?

I'm using V10 build 1354 in Sierra, not High Sierra, and what is the build number of your V9?

Enjoy
Mitch

* November 30, 2017, 01:34:45 PM
Mitch,
This doesn't fix my TurboCAD Pro V9 so that it runs with High Sierra. This is just an upgrade to V10. Why do I have to pay more money to fix my current version when I just bought it about a year ago? Am I missing something?
Thanks,
John
This has happened to me too - it seems that this is the way that IMSI (TurboCad) keep hitting you for more money - I have purchased versions 6,7,8 and 9 of TurboCad Mac Pro and now NONE of them work, full crash reports have been sent to Apple - NOT HAPPY

* December 01, 2017, 11:35:40 AM
Mitch,
I had a trial version of v10 at the time. I then purchased and installed the upgrade from v9 to v10. The v9 was version 9.0.11
Thanks for helping
John

* December 01, 2017, 11:43:56 AM
Hey Mitch,
I just now saw your response to my blurry line problem which has solved the problem. Never in a million years would I have thought to uncheck anti-alias in the shading options but now when I import the files from v9, the lines are crisp like the original file!
Thanks man
John

* December 04, 2017, 12:28:38 PM
Mitch,
Now that you solved my blurry line problem, I have noticed an inability to adjust the pen weight below one pixel and below the corresponding line weight when in inches. What do I need to do to be able to draw very fine line weights?
Thanks,
John

* December 04, 2017, 10:48:26 PM
What size line weights are you trying to use? Are you selecting them from the drop-down menu or using the user custom menu?

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 05, 2017, 11:26:37 AM
I am going to inspector, then pen properties, then making the weight adjustment there

* December 05, 2017, 01:32:26 PM
Hi Chris,

I think that the problem you are having is every new line drawn is reverting back to 1 pixel and you need to set each line to your desired size. To set a default line size, deselect all objects, select "Pen Properties" and make sure the top heading says "Default Settings", and "Pen Properties (new)" if it says "Selected" then the settings will only apply to the selected object/s. Select your size either using the drop-down list or through the "User" option.

Enjoy
Mitch