TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Upgrading to Mac High Sierra
Read 271 times
* December 06, 2017, 09:00:20 AM
Mitch,
What you refer to is what I have been doing. Still the same problem. For example, if I draw a new line, which is now highlighted, and go to inspector, I can change the pen weight and see the line get thicker or fatter depending on the weight I choose. However, if I try to drop the pen weight below 1 pixel or 0.02", the line weight always stays the same. I can increase the pen weight, i.e. .02 to .032 to .04 to .05 and watch the line get thicker and the same for pixels, but going below 0.02 to say 0.016 does nothing, as does going from 1 pixel to 0.5 pixel. Same with setting the default. When I set the default below 0.02" of 1 pixel, there is no change in pen weight.

* December 06, 2017, 04:17:30 PM
Hi Chris,

There is another setting to look at. That is the displayed pen weights in Preferences. The three screenshots show each of the settings and notice that the 1-pixel line remains the same in all the shots. I zoomed in for clarity.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 07, 2017, 02:26:00 AM
I have V7 and worked fine until upgrading to High Sierra. How can this be resolved?
Barrie

* December 07, 2017, 10:59:19 PM
Upgrade to V10 or go back to Sierra. Sorry that I don't have a better answer. You can download a trial version of V10 and try it out. Hope you like it.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 08, 2017, 08:47:41 AM
Mitch,
Not sure how to interpret your last post. I still haven't had any luck going below a pen weight of 0.02", even though there is an option to go below that in the inspector. This is true regardless of whether I set preferences to any of the three "display as printed" "display view scaled" or "display weights off"

* December 09, 2017, 12:45:10 PM
There is not much difference between .016 and .020. In my above screen-shots, I butted the two lines end to end and then zoomed in to see them, zoom out a little and there is no visible difference. Could you post a sample drawing? I get the feeling that we are talking about two different things, maybe a resolution setting?

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 12, 2017, 01:57:33 PM
If you download a trial version of V.10 and don't like it I presume you can just bin it?  I also presume it won' affect any other versions you have loaded?

Chis

* December 13, 2017, 12:27:30 AM
If you download a trial version of V.10 and don't like it I presume you can just bin it?  I also presume it won' affect any other versions you have loaded?

Yes, as a trial version you will be able to use it for 15 days and nothing is disabled.

Enjoy
Mitch