TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Dimensions
Read 47 times
* December 06, 2017, 03:00:04 AM
Hi
I've come across a problem with dimensions - for some reason the dimensions just seem to be showing a zero at the end of each dimension line if I use the horizontal or vertical Dims. I've used dimensions before and never come across this problem and wonder if anyone has any answers for this - I suspect there's a setting somewhere that is set incorrectly.

You'll see from the screenshot I've previously input dimensions without any problems but to the right of the layout I've shown the problem I'm now seeing with dimensions

Thanks in advance for any help
/Users/Mystic_Bananas/Desktop/Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 10.48.06.png
Allan H

* December 06, 2017, 09:34:50 AM
Oops I didn't attach the screenshot properly...here it is:

Allan H

* December 06, 2017, 04:25:43 PM
They look like "Ordinate" dimensions without a reference point. Just delete them.

In my screenshot, I have two lines dimensioned using the vertical and horizontal ordinate tool.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 07, 2017, 02:10:19 AM
Thanks very much Mitch - I've checked and I'm not using Ordinate dimensions - I'm definitely using horizontal and vertical dims. Here's a strange thing ....if I use with the horizontal or vertical dim I come across the same problem I've mentioned but if I run either of these at an angle I do get a dimension reading ....I've never done this before as horizontal means horizontal so maybe it would always do this but I do find it interesting it gives a reading whereas running it as a true horizontal does not.

I've attached another picture in case you have any other ideas

Thanks for the help

Allan H

* December 08, 2017, 12:07:51 AM
I have been able to duplicate what you are showing, but I'm not sure what the point is. Selecting the horizontal tool and placing the two dimension points verticality at the same point on the X plane results in a dimension of 0 and vertical witness lines. Ditto for vertical dimensions.

Use the Parallel dimension tool to save some tool changing time.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 08, 2017, 02:25:58 AM
Thanks Mitch

I wasn't actually selecting the horizontal tool and placing the dimension points vertically - I was placing them horizontal and similar for vertical but that said your suggestion to use the Parallel dimension tool is very helpful (don't know why I didn't realise this before). But, and sorry about this, I seem to have an issue when using this tool as well. It's great that it gives me the actual measurements but I can't aligned the measurement text sensibly, indeed the measurement text appears upside down - any thoughts on this?

Having read a few things I wonder if I've inadvertently done something with the Workplane eventhough this is a 2d package

Thanks for your help

Allan H
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:54:01 AM by AllanH »