TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

3D to 2D Drawing issue
Read 21 times
* December 09, 2017, 08:46:03 AM
Wow. Have a design in inches (old American, what can i say) that I wanted to create an assembly drawing of a design I am working on. This is the first time doing such a assembly conversion.  I am at 10.0.0 Build 1354 Deluxe version.  I pick all six solids to plop into 2D, say OK they render OK. But, all the dimensions are now in mm. I tried manually forcing the dimensions to inches, checked the general preferences. The dimensions had flipped to mm and so had the general preferences. I retried several times and yep, it repeats.
Any one else see this?

* December 09, 2017, 12:32:32 PM
Have a design in inches

Is this a TC drawing or imported from some other format? I take it you normally work in metric so your units preference is set to metric? Not all imported formats include unit info but if it does then your unit will be reset to the imported drawing units.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 09, 2017, 04:03:43 PM
This was a 100% TC model. I made single part 3D to 2D drawings with no problem. I normally work in inches.

* December 09, 2017, 04:23:37 PM
Fess up time. the original drawing was in meters. i did do a metric drawing a while ago, and evidently forgot to change it back. :-[