TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

How do I change the Workplane in Mac Designer 8?
Read 46 times
* December 09, 2017, 10:03:54 AM
Hi Folks - this is a follow on to my earlier question under 'Dimensions'

When using the parallel dimensions tool I'm struggling to get the text alignment correct - indeed the text is upside down ...and the horizontal and vertical dimension tools are acting as if they've switched around ...I can get a vertical measure with the horizontal tool and a horizontal measure with the vertical dimensions tool.

Having read a few things I wonder if I've inadvertently done something with the Workplane eventhough this is a 2d package - if this is the problem can anyone let me know how to sort this out.

Thanks for your help

Allan H
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:09:09 AM by AllanH »

* December 09, 2017, 12:51:04 PM
Are you working in a "Model To Sheet" view? A bottom view would do exactly as you described. Post a sample drawing for us to look at.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 10, 2017, 03:45:54 AM
Thanks Mitch

Sorry I don't know if I'm working in a 'Model to Sheet' view and don't know how to tell.

Here is a drawing showing the effect I'm seeing.

Many Thanks

Allan H

* December 10, 2017, 09:57:34 PM
I really need the drawing so I can select the dimensions and see the attributes and how they relate to the rest of the drawing. A picture is a good start but the drawing would be more informative.

I can now see that it is not a bottom MTS view because the left to right orientation of the dimension is not a reverse image, I can only re-create the backward and upside down dimension by rotating it. I don't think you are doing that and If it's a program bug, then there would be several complaints about it here.

There is only one workplane in 2D and that is the page that you are drawing in, all you have is the X and Y axis.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 11, 2017, 02:10:06 AM
Thanks Mitch

Drawing attached

Many Thanks

Allan H

* December 11, 2017, 03:00:00 PM
Your workPlane is rotated. Under the Work Plane menu select "show Work Plane". Use Shift + C key to bring it around. delete your current dimensions and redo them, should be okay now.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 11, 2017, 04:16:20 PM
Mitch that's fantastic ....it's all sorted now

Thanks for your help

Allan H