TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

BOM not working
Read 64 times
* December 06, 2017, 07:04:09 PM
I have been trying to use Attributes / BOM to create a cut list or parts list.  When I try to assign values to the editable features they do not update. When I click on 'create BOM' it asks for a point.  When I click a point, a small window pops up titled "Delete BOM" with the message 'Could not find attributes for: Cutlist properties'  This happens no matter the list selected.

Thanks
Scott

* December 06, 2017, 09:19:08 PM
Hi Scott,

This video should help out.

http://www.csi-concepts.com/Demo/videos/cutList.mp4

If you still have some questions, check back here and ask, I'll try to answer them.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 07, 2017, 11:23:38 AM
Hi Mitch

I have TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 10 with Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

I have tried the cutlets on 3 different drawing assemblies.  The only items that are included in the cut list are lines circles and points.  If there are no lines, circles or points, only 3d blocks, that is when I get the error described previously.

Also, when try to rename the parts as shown in the video, the name reverts back to the original name.

Thanks
Scott

* December 07, 2017, 10:54:23 PM
Looks like you are not clicking on "Apply To Selected". Select an object to be added to the BOM, hold the Shift key to select multiple objects, or drag a fence around all the objects to be included in the BOM. Click on "Apply To Selected". Click on "Create BOM". Click on the place in your drawing where you want the upper left corner (default) of the BOM to appear. In the dialog box, you can change the anchor point, font, and font size. The font size will control not only the font but the overall size of the entire box.

The "CutList Properties" BOM none of the attributes are editable, all are derived from the selected object/s. To make changes such as name you must make the change in the "Inspector" palette and be sure to click apply. If the name you are changing is already in the BOM display then click on the "Update BOM" The only user editable attributes in a BOM are integer, float, and string. Look at "Vender No." in the drop-down list and see the bottom two items are strings, you can click on those and enter data.

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 08, 2017, 12:49:41 PM
Hi Mitch
I have been selecting all items and clicking on Apply to Selected.  The only items included in the cut list are lines circles and points, no 3D objects. 

Also, the only way I can change the name of a 3d object is to change it when the 3D object is created.  I can change the name of lines, circles any time.
thanks
Scott

* December 09, 2017, 12:18:19 PM
I can't duplicate that problem on my system. Can you post your drawing for me to look at? Are the solids locked, Selection Mask not set to select solids? What build are you using?

Enjoy
Mitch

* December 10, 2017, 07:17:30 PM
Hi
I am using TurboCad Mac Deluxe v10.0.1 build 1340. 

I don't think the solids are locked, can't find anything to say that they are.  And I can't find anywhere to change the selection mask not to select solids.  Even if only one solid is selected by clicking on it, the name can't be changed and the BOM won't work.

the attached drawing is the first drawing made using the Mac version.

thanks for your help
Scott

* December 11, 2017, 02:16:08 PM
Hi Scott,

I open a trouble ticket with IMSI. I'm having the same problem as you are but it's only with Deluxe, Pro runs fine. I'm testing using Deluxe build 1356 so upgrading to that won't help you. I see you are using build 1340, so this bug has been around for some time. I still have Deluxe build 1321 on an older computer and it works as expected. Hope IMSI gets this fixed soon.

Enjoy
Mitch