TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Trouble with Standards Manager
Read 52 times
* January 23, 2018, 01:55:14 PM
Having trouble creating a custom standard that has fractions instead of decimals. I can create the custom standard in the standards manager with the features that I want (size of arrows, gap and extension distances etc. and then save it, but when I am in the inspector and try to pick custom from the standards drop down window, TurboCAD changes it to non-standard. I therefore am unable to create a custom standard that I like and then access it through the inspector. Why TurboCAD v.10 is doing this is frustrating.

* January 23, 2018, 03:06:57 PM
When you save it do you give it a new name? You cannot change an existing standard, therefore you must give it a new unique name. This name will now appear in the standards drop down list for your selection.

Enjoy
Mitch

* January 25, 2018, 09:19:19 AM
Thanks Mitch,
It doesn't make any sense that I can't alter a standard that I originally created, but oh well.
I'll give your suggestion a try.

* January 25, 2018, 02:14:55 PM
Looks like I need to clarify what I meant. The built-in standards cannot be altered or deleted. If you try, a warning dialog box will pop up and stop you. User-created standards can be deleted or altered. When you save a changed user-created standard, a dialog box pops up telling you that the name is in use and allows you to replace it.

To use this updated standard you need to select it in the Inspector - Dimension Properties - Value - Standards selection box. This will install the changes into memory for use. The standard may appear to be selected but it is the older version that is selected, so select it again to get the updated version installed.

If your results are different please report what steps you are taking and the differences you are seeing.

Enjoy
Mitch