TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Transparency and shading
Read 194 times
* February 01, 2018, 09:56:53 AM
I can't create separate transparency and shading values for different objects in my drawing. For example when I set one of my pipe opacities to 43%, the other objects that have transparency and shading options default to my pipe opacity. How do I keep that from happening so that I can have different shading values for multiple objects?
TIA

* February 01, 2018, 12:55:31 PM
See this thread:

http://tcmacforum.imsisupport.com/index.php?topic=2698.0

Opicity is a global setting and applies to all objects equality. Try changing colors in the Attributes tab to see if that gives you the definition required.

Enjoy
Mitch

* February 02, 2018, 11:46:24 AM
Oops, looks like I already asked that question a while back. I'll give your suggestion a try. Thanks Mitch.
And another...... is there anyway I can change a view on an object that I previously drew so that instead of being for instance a top view, I can change it to a front view, without having to re-draw it? I have about 50 objects that I drew early on in a top view unknowingly when in fact I should have drawn them in the front view.

* February 02, 2018, 02:18:49 PM
I can change it to a front view, without having to re-draw it?

Yes, I do that a lot myself, select all, enable the Gripper and rotate 90. If you can't get 90 exactly with the mouse there will be an angle data box up in the data window where the angle can be entered. The Rotate tool can be used in the same way but I find the Gripper to be easier.

Enjoy
Mitch

* February 05, 2018, 09:10:13 AM
That did it, thanks Mitch