TurboCAD Mac Forum

Register

New TurboCAD Mac 2D/3D Training Essentials

Problem with Callout and Parallel Line tools
Read 634 times
* February 15, 2018, 02:15:41 AM
Good evening, this is my first post on this forum and I am hoping someone can assist.  I have been using turvocad for about 12 months.  I recently had a computer crash and have reinstalled turbocad.  The issues I am seeing were not there on the first install, but have appeared on the re install. 

When I use the call out tool to number parts and want to continue numbering in numerical order, my first version would do so 1 through 10 normally.  The second version numbers 1 correctly but when I go to number 2, the leader automatically disappears and only the extension line and the number 2 appear.  I then 'COMMAND Z" to delete and continue and it automatically numbers as 3 with the correct leader and extension line.  This is very frustrating as I then have to number manually, which can be a pain when I need to number many items.

Secondly, when I use the parallel tool, to offset multiple lines by 'x' distance, the first offset works well, but the subsequent offsets only 'pull' in the direction i want to offset by a minuscule distance if at all.  I can then type the distance offset, but cannot move the second and subsequent lines any distance manually.

Thanks for your help.

* February 15, 2018, 06:25:10 PM
This is very frustrating as I then have to number manually,

Re-enter the start sequence number in the data window text box. Info entered into the Inspector only applies to the selected object.

but the subsequent offsets only 'pull' in the direction i want to offset by a minuscule distance if at all.

This has been fixed but I don't remember which build, drove me crazy too. Try using the Offset tool instead. If you are on V10 then upgrade to the current build.

Enjoy
Mitch

* February 17, 2018, 12:12:44 PM
Thanks Mitch, that is where I am starting the numbering with the callout tool.  I seem to have to use number 1 then 2 and it does what I have described so I manually type 2 and from then on it will number OK.  I will try your other option too.  I am using V9.  Thanks again.